Ocdpfsas
Participant
@ocdpfsas

Hey guys, I got this tattoo about 3 years ago. It’s the “Fire Dancer” Dave Mathews Band logo and it doesn’t look quite right. People always think I have a cut on my leg.

IMG_8897.jpg

Is there anyone out there who could draw me a revision of this, or something that could cover it up so it looks nicer? Can this be done over or added to in order to make it look right?

Sorry for the image quality, the photo was taken on an iPhone but you can see the original here: http://www.somewhatfrank.com/images/dmb_firedancer_2.jpg

Thanks everyone!:)

-Pam

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

What are the options here? Do you just want to make this tat look better or are you open to a cover up and new tat?

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

Maybe outlining it in white would make it pop?

I don’t know if it’s your tattoo that’s the entire problem though. The original image itself isn’t immediately recognizable to me, and if you hadn’t said it was a fire dancer I don’t think I would have guessed it.

Ocdpfsas
Participant
@ocdpfsas

I guess what I mean is to cover it up but keep the general idea of the fire dancer. It doesn’t have to be specifically the Dave logo but just make what I have now look better, even if it means changing the way she looks or adding a little to it. Does that make sense?

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

To be honest I think if you are going to modify this you should consider completely redoing the whole thing. In for an inch, in for a mile, right? I think if you like the idea of a fire dancer you have the opportunity to make this a really awesome tat. You have to work with a talented artist that can cover wup what you have or incorporate it but it’s an interesting subject matter so you should get some interest. Would you consider making this a piece? I mean like tripling the size?

DizziDip
Participant
@dizzidip

My friend has just had the very same thing done on her lower leg, she had it done in black greens and blues and shading in light grey and white. I may be biased but her jumps at you more than yours. Chris the tattooist also put ribbons to enhance the shape more. I’ll try and add a picture but I only have one taken when it was “fresh”- it doesn’t do the colour justice really.

Edit- pic below (hopefully!)

81233773.png

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.