-DMD-
Participant
@dmd

Is it the old school, new school, nautical and other stars?
Looking for opinions and maybe even pictures. =]

Navysooner
Participant
@navysooner

Nothing does. It’s all different, original punk tattoos were usually anarchy sines or tattoos of band symbols

fearlesspunk
Participant
@fearlesspunk

or just typical words that say Punk, Punk Rock… LOL

-DMD-
Participant
@dmd

Fearless punk and that’s all you had to say?
Come on, I’m really interested in punk tattoo culture lately.
I’ve mostly seen some old school stuff and nautical stars and I wonder if there is some sub contecst.

Morwin Nerdbane
Participant
@morwin-nerdbane

It’s a matter of opinion. What was punk then and what is punk now is different. Just look at the bands and music that says it all. Being punk is a mental attitude not a fashion. If you try to be punk without actually being punk you will look like a knob and a poser. NOT COOL!

New school ink seems to be pretty big on the punk scene of late. Lots of small random pieces connected by simple stars to create sleaves etc * < that kinda star NOT nautical stars they are far too 'trendy' (lame) now.

The fact that you had to ask what tattoos are punk suggests that you are NOT punk and therefore should not try to be.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I thought the whole and entire point of punk was to be non-conformist.

So therefore I should think that a real punk tattoo is something that is NOT a “characteristic punk tattoo”

-DMD-
Participant
@dmd
Morwin Nerdbane;73943 wrote:
It’s a matter of opinion. What was punk then and what is punk now is different. Just look at the bands and music that says it all. Being punk is a mental attitude not a fashion. If you try to be punk without actually being punk you will look like a knob and a poser. NOT COOL!

New school ink seems to be pretty big on the punk scene of late. Lots of small random pieces connected by simple stars to create sleaves etc * < that kinda star NOT nautical stars they are far too 'trendy' (lame) now.

The fact that you had to ask what tattoos are punk suggests that you are NOT punk and therefore should not try to be.

Never said I’m looking to get one. Lol
Just trying to understand this “category” of tattoos.
‘Bout the nautical star… that’s now true, most of the punks I’ve seen had at least 3 of those.

Navysooner
Participant
@navysooner

The nautical star was originally an old sailor tattoo just because punk people have doesn’t mean it’s a punk tat. I know plenty of people that have nautical stars and are “punk”

Morwin Nerdbane
Participant
@morwin-nerdbane

I think any star tats are the antithisis of punk now. Too generic

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.