wickedjr89
Participant
@wickedjr89

I don’t think it’s a good idea to get a lovers (bf/gf, fiance, wife/husband) name tattooed on you. I believe it’s a recipe for a break up. Srsly more people break up and get divorced now than ever. If you get your parents, grandparents, children’s names etc. tattooed on you fine. I have my grandmothers on me. Thing is I am currently engaged and my fiance, while he doesn’t have any tattoos now, which is fine with me because he already told me he’s fine with tattoos and I can get more if I want, which I will, He told me he wants a tattoo….of a dragon…encircling a heart…with my name in it.:confused:I love him and I hope we’re together forever but…still…He said he wants to get it after were married. If he wants to get it i’ll let him. No problem but I already told him I think it’s stupid to get a lovers name on you. Whatever it’s his choice but that’s my opinion. Any thoughts on this?

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I think that after 15-20 years together, you can consider getting the names, but before that.. no. It’s never a good idea.

I think we all know how it feels to be in a relationship with someone we just KNOW is THE one for us, and that we will be together forever and everything is perfect.

I think we can also all imagine how we would feel today to have their name on us ๐Ÿ˜‰

wickedjr89
Participant
@wickedjr89

My thoughts exactly.

Future1548
Participant
@future1548

I think that is a pretty narrow minded view to take. I have my Fiances name on my forearm. It’s inside a star and she love’s it.

I know that there will be nothing that come’s between us. She love’s me and I love her.

Dont you guy’s think it could be that simple??

Mayohoffman
Participant
@mayohoffman

In my opinion, you have to think IF this person and I do break up and I meet someone new, am I still gonna feel ok having their name on me. I’ve been married 18 years and am just now getting my husband’s name on me. Too many people regret it down the road.

Murcielago311
@

Why not get something symbolic of the relationship that may not include names? Maybe something matching or complimentary on you both?

pberge
Participant
@pberge
Future1548;73246 wrote:
I think that is a pretty narrow minded view to take. I have my Fiances name on my forearm. It’s inside a star and she love’s it.

I know that there will be nothing that come’s between us. She love’s me and I love her.

Dont you guy’s think it could be that simple??

It could be that simple… Until something changes and suddenly it’s a lot more complicated.

Including the time we were dating, I was with my wife for close to 15 years, and we knew each other as friends for years before that. We were the perfect couple that would be together forever, until about 4 months ago. I won’t go into the details here, but let’s just say that people can change in unpredictable ways, even after being together for many years.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Murcielago311;73257 wrote:
Why not get something symbolic of the relationship that may not include names? Maybe something matching or complimentary on you both?

Friends of mine (a couple) both got the indefinite-symbol (I forget the real English word for it.. an 8 on it’s side) to signify that they would be together indefinitely. That’s something that can well stand on it’s own IF shit happens, and IMO a nice way to signify their love for each other.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

My wife and I got tats for our wedding. She got my sign with some cherry blossoms and I got her sign with a sun, stars and a moon. The way I figure it is that if we ever break apart, it’s not like I have her name sitting there for someone else to see. She’s made a big enough impact on my life to never want to forget her and if she does something to make me hate her (sleep with my best friend, bestiality, borrows my Ipad without asking) than I can just cover the shit up.

Names… I wouldn’t. Its just too direct for my taste.

wickedjr89
Participant
@wickedjr89

I”m just going to have to ask him about it. Prolly show him these responses. See what he says. I’m not going to tell him no of course if that’s what he really wants. I’m just not getting his name on me. MAYBE after we’ve been together a really long time….MAYBE then. I love him so much but I wouldn’t want someone’s name on me after we broke up. I hope were 2gether 4ever but ya never know. Thanks for the responses people. ๐Ÿ™‚
gsouder…why would her borrowing your ipad without asking be reason enough to hate her? the other ones yea i’m with ya there but that one seems…why would you hate her for that?

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder
wickedjr89;73298 wrote:
I”m just going to have to ask him about it. Prolly show him these responses. See what he says. I’m not going to tell him no of course if that’s what he really wants. I’m just not getting his name on me. MAYBE after we’ve been together a really long time….MAYBE then. I love him so much but I wouldn’t want someone’s name on me after we broke up. I hope were 2gether 4ever but ya never know. Thanks for the responses people. ๐Ÿ™‚
gsouder…why would her borrowing your ipad without asking be reason enough to hate her? the other ones yea i’m with ya there but that one seems…why would you hate her for that?

That was my apparently clumsy attempt at humor. Sometimes I’m like the James bond of humor, sometimes I’m the Carrot Top.

wickedjr89
Participant
@wickedjr89

lol sorry about that.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.