wonkotheinsane
Participant
@wonkotheinsane

Hi guys, I asked mom and she said that I can get a tattoos now.

and I am planning to get some foreign script tattoos, like Chinese, Sanskrit,

I think they are exotic and meaningful.

how do you guys think of it, and can you give me some suggestions?

Thanks.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

How old are you? If you are asking your mom for permission to get a tat you might want to hold off a couple of years. This implies that you might not be at an age to make a permanent decision on your life.

My personal take on script tattoos: A picture says a thousand words, why would you limit yourself to a small set of words, especially in a language that you don’t understand?

Just my .02

wonkotheinsane
Participant
@wonkotheinsane
Gsouder;72631 wrote:
How old are you? If you are asking your mom for permission to get a tat you might want to hold off a couple of years. This implies that you might not be at an age to make a permanent decision on your life.

My personal take on script tattoos: A picture says a thousand words, why would you limit yourself to a small set of words, especially in a language that you don’t understand?

Just my .02

Thanks. it is ok for my age to get tattoos. but my mom would not let me do that before. and I convinced her this time.
as for script tattoos, I don’t know why, I just love them. I once saw a guy getting chinese symbol tattoos in seal script, they look extremely beatiful to me. So I may consider such one.

If you got such one, please tell me your ideas and how you got them. :p

wonkotheinsane
Participant
@wonkotheinsane

How do you guys think of this one?

this is all I can find about seal script.

chinese_symbol_for_unique.jpg

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

You won’t get much support form here on Kanji Tattoos. Let me say that after being a member here for only a couple months, we get asked on a weekly basis about Chinese/Japanese any pretty much all of those symbol type things. Every noob want to get a symbol that means something very profound to identify themselves. You gotta understand that those symbols are, for the most part, very subjective and can mean a varity of things.
All i’m saying is if you want it because it looks cool, whatever, it dosen’t. If you want it to identify yourself as an individual, it won’t. Bottom line, if you want to be part of the heard, run out and get the Kanji.

wonkotheinsane
Participant
@wonkotheinsane

Thanks anyway.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

u will most likely come back to this site when u are around 25-29yrs old asking how to cover or laser off the script.

looney bin escapee
Participant
@looney-bin-escapee

That style you’re looking for is very old chinese style writing.
That would be around 1200 – 1050 BCE. Shang period. Used on oracle bones.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.