nov0caine
@

Hey all,

Sorry, I really am new here – so I hope i’m not offending any anal thread-starting police. But yeah, I figured i’d consult a community with some first hand experience… namely, to ask advice off those with back tattoos.

I recently just finished a huge piece down my spine, and it my first back tattoo. It extends from just under my shoulder blades to just above the pelvis.

Now, i’ve been using lucas’ pawpaw ointment to help it heal… i’ve used this many times before on my other tatts from my artists’ recommendation and it has worked a treat. But this time round, my tatt is sticking to absolutely everything i wear.

Taking days off work isn’t an option, and i’m finding that when i’m catching a train into the office i can’t exactly avoid leaning on it. Consequently, the first thing i’m doing at work is running into the bathroom and patting cold water on my undershirt so i can peel it off gently without and skin damage. It seems to be working, but it’s a real pain in the ass.

my tattoo is entirely jet black, and i know that black is the easiest ink to heal and generally it doesn’t bleed out all that easy… but i’m still worried i’m going to ruin it!

sorry for the long-winded question – but i need some proper advice here! everything else i’ve read on the web is nonsense and hardly practical for the working class man, haha. 😮

thanks for your help,
Mark.

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

Try a shirt that is not made from cotton. Underarmor may be the trick. Also you could use a lotion with moistureizer, anything that is not petrolium based and is unscented.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.