unclemash
Participant
@unclemash

Hi all,

I have been lurking for a couple of weeks, and im getting inked for the first time next week. Apologies for any newbie mistakes and questions, but here goes!!!

I had a call regarding my appointment to view my design drawing on Thursday. I asked if I needed to pay for the first session, or pay when the two sessions (total tattoo) are complete. I was told that although I was booked in for 3 hours, if my tattooist thought they had got done more than they thought in the 3 hours, I would have to pay for more than the 3 hours completed.

Does this sound correct?

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

That sounds kind of funky to me.

I don’t know why you would pay more than an hourly rate.
Maybe someone will chime in with more helpful insight, but it seems like a weird excuse for ripping you off.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

no, it sounds like a rip off. an hourly rate is based on how much work he/she can do in an hour. It’s the artists job to balance speed with quality but if it takes 3 hours at 100 bucks an hour you pay 300 dollars. Thats the deal and any modifications to that sound shady as hell.

unclemash
Participant
@unclemash

Thats what I thought. I will bring the subject up on Thursday when I go and view the design/drawing.

I didn’t want to be seen as trying to barter, but they said the overall design will take approx 7 hours and I thought that would be the overall cost give or take a little extra time.

Thanks for the replies.

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

its a scam to get more money out of you, i personally would recommend going to a different artist completely..

if i give a price for 3hrs hour and i get a job done in half the time then i charge half the price….. although if i quote for 1 hour and it takes 45mins i still charge the full hour…. only due to booking times
small pieces taking less than an hour are normally charge per job and not by time.

but… if i quote a job as 1 hr and it takes me 2 hrs i still charge them for 1 hr as its my mistake not theirs 😉

unclemash
Participant
@unclemash

Im hoping its a mis-communication with the girl that phoned me to confirm my appointment.

if that’s the way they charge then I will politely tell them to poke it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.