sanddemon32
@

I want to get “burn the ship” tattooed onto my ribs… it comes from a famous general who was greatly outnumbered… right before the battle the general ordered his men to burn their ships down and he gave a speech telling them that there is no turning back and they had no way to retreat so they must win at all costs or die… just wondering what you guys thought???

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

What do we think about the actual tattoo or the meaning behind it? It’s a horrible idea in battle to remove a resource from your arsenal based on building moral. It sounds to me like a fanatical idea in battle. Is this the way you live your life? If you interview for a job do you burn your car so you can’t get home if you don’t get it? I can’t imagine someone with this attitude in life making it very far.

I guess if it means something to you then go for it, why do you give a crap what we think? The thing about tattoos is that they are very personal- if you like it go get it and then post a photo when you are done.

Infamous78
Participant
@infamous78

Instead of the text why not just get a ship on fire?

looney bin escapee
Participant
@looney-bin-escapee
Infamous78;72302 wrote:
Instead of the text why not just get a ship on fire?

either way, it still sounds kind of hmmm……how should i say this……defeated and pessimistic, don’t you think?

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

Sounds a little bit melodramatic,
I think you should get it if you want it.

looney bin escapee
Participant
@looney-bin-escapee
gnarly;72338 wrote:
Sounds a little bit melodramatic,
I think you should get it if you want it.

true, if thats what you want, then that’s what you want. get it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.