nikkiixc
@

To make a long story short I had an addiction with self-harm for years, and have various white horizontal scares going up and down the under side of my arm. They aren’t rasied very much, basically just white lines but they are pretty visible. I’m looking to cover it with a tattoo, or if possible think of some way to incorporate the scars, kind of as a reminder type thing for me. If anyone has any ideas I’d really appreciate it.

looney bin escapee
Participant
@looney-bin-escapee

Some artists would tattoo over scars, some wont. Generally depends on the condition of the scar tissue itself.

They normally won’t if its really keloid, which you said yours isn’t. Otherwise, it’ll be up to the artist to make his/her judgement call on whether or not they would tattoo over/on it.

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

Even if your artist isn’t able to tattoo over the scars you can have a tattoo around it to distract the scars. It would make them look less obvious.

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

You should check with your therapist to see if getting a tattoo is a good idea.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Since tattooing can be a form of self-harm, I would agree with TopDog. Check with your therapist and see if he agrees that this is a good move for you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.