gwal101
Participant
@gwal101

ok ive admired tattoos all my life and now ive finally decided to actually get one. I always wanted to get something with a japanese theme since I love the artwork. I recently decided to get a half sleeve with a hannya mask and a geisha.

this image is how i want my hannya mask to look like without the warts, and i was thinking of adding more detail to the geisha’s kimono. And im also considering of making it pure black and white leaving the flowers colourless

http://bjsxiii.deviantart.com/art/hannya-mask-tattoo-69360436

I want to modify the background as well . I was thinking of adding the background to this image to it

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs22/f/2008/016/9/d/hannya_mask_by_leperism.jpg

I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions or comments on my idea to hopefully enhance it to make it the best possible tattoo for myself. Thank You:D:D

looney bin escapee
Participant
@looney-bin-escapee

A geisha’s kimono should be extravagantly patterned. That’s how one could tell if she were one of the top geisha, talented in all sorts of entertainment and which also meant she was high priced. The more stuff she had in her hair also signified her status.

Also, the Noh theater where the masks are from, are generally more associated with samurai rather than Geisha.
All the female roles in the Noh plays and Kabuki were all played by men.

gwal101
Participant
@gwal101

any more opinions?

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

The other thing to remember is that white is often associated with death and mourning in far eastern culture. I would possibly add to the scene with hannya mask blowing a stream of wind which can become wind bars, surrounding the geisha.

I you want an idea of scenery check out my japanese inspired backpiece might help a bit.

Take care
Matthew

looney bin escapee
Participant
@looney-bin-escapee
Sherav;72144 wrote:
Hi

The other thing to remember is that white is often associated with death and mourning in far eastern culture. I would possibly add to the scene with hannya mask blowing a stream of wind which can become wind bars, surrounding the geisha.

I you want an idea of scenery check out my japanese inspired backpiece might help a bit.

Take care
Matthew

depending on what emotion the hannya mask is expressing, white may or may not fit here.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.