tux182
@

Hi guys

Firstly apologies – i’m a complete noob here so if you start to roll your eyes while reading my post – forgive me.

I’ve been toying with the idea of getting a tattoo for like a decade now. I’m 32 this weekend, but still want a tattoo. I’m almost set on getting half a sleeve.
However the biggest and most important issue is – I dont know what of. Yes yes what a dumbass i hear you cry.

But heres the thing. I would love to find some sort of tattoo artist thingy where i can spout random ideas at someone in the hope they might come up with something amazing. And of course get their art inked up!

This isnt a cheapskate way of trying to get out of paying someone in a local shop. But right now i dont know what i want so its really trial and error. Hence why finding someone with a passion for doing this sort of thing would be ideal

Any ideas on what i can do, who i can approach or something

Any help welcomed 🙂

Panter
Participant
@panter

Just keep looking at peoples ink online, and in portfolios etc and see what appeals.
There’s countless different styles you could go for, unless you know what sort of thing you definitely want to go for then I think you’ll be setting yourself up for some laser work in a few short Years!

Whatever sort of random ideas you have, just type them into Google with the word tattoo after them and see what comes up.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

no one can build an idea for you talking, you and an artist need to have a sit down, look at references and build up a piece

best thing to do if you want to start without going in for the sit down, look at your local shops websites and check artist portfolios……see who floats your boat, who looks capable pof handling the style you want

then call and go meet that artist, bring your reference material or laptop with some ideas and sit down and get your piece designed with him or her. give them a deposit and book it up

Adler
Participant
@adler

Yeah maybe identifying the style (Asian, traditional, realism, bio-mech, etc) you like or want is a good starting point and then start coming up with elementsfrom there. Like it’s been said, keep looking at pictures and portfolios and see what catches your eye.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.