florida13
Participant
@florida13

i remember just about a couple months ago i joined here and was asking tons of questions about getting a tattoo. before i even had one..

today i got my second tattoo.

a chinese symbol that means brothers.. my older brother got it with me but on his chest.. we see each other once a year and he has been through so much..

what do you all think.

f3asyb.jpg

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

NiceI Like the white shading, it looks cool.

Did you know the symbol for brother in chinese can also be interpreted as cucumber, MC hammer and Puppy Love?

Haha just kidding, I have no idea what it means.

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

Kanji is way over done. You obviously ignored all the advice that was given.

Chief D
Participant
@chief-d

If you like it, its a good tattoo.
Take pictures after healing, rather than fresh. Or see if your tattooist can wipe you down with witch hazel, it will remove some of the redness and swelling.

Kanji and tribal are personal pet peeves, but I am not the one wearing the ink!:o

looney bin escapee
Participant
@looney-bin-escapee

I’m not all that particular about kanji either because its way over done but I’ve got two such tattoos. However, I did have mine done in brush by a calligrapher first before getting it inked on me.

One is on my right leg…
click here

looney bin escapee
Participant
@looney-bin-escapee

Also, are you sure that its the appropriate kanji? I mean there are several ways to write “brothers” in chinese.

Ben1985
Participant
@ben1985
xxTOPDOGxx;71715 wrote:
Kanji is way over done. You obviously ignored all the advice that was given.

If it’s what he wants, it’s what he wants. People need to get off their high horse at times and realise that not everyone likes the same things and that it is down to the individual.

I think it looks good. Sure it is used a lot, but there is a reason for that.

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx
Ben1985;71789 wrote:
If it’s what he wants, it’s what he wants. People need to get off their high horse at times and realise that not everyone likes the same things and that it is down to the individual.

I think it looks good. Sure it is used a lot, but there is a reason for that.

Don’t take it so personal. Just stating my lame ass opinion. Every time I see Kanji, instead of asking what it says, I just make something up. You might as well just pick a symbol that you think looks cool, have that inked on you forever and make up your own meaning. Noone can read it anyway.

Oh yea, the reason it is over used is because some people have a serious lack of imagination.

By the way, Kanji is a Modern Japanese writing style that uses modified traditional Chinese symbols. So technically it is Japanese. Chinese people can’t read Kanji.

florida13
Participant
@florida13

well i did research and every site had it listed as this same symbol and i even went to a chinese place and they said yeah…

i am satisfied..

looney bin escapee
Participant
@looney-bin-escapee
florida13;71807 wrote:
well i did research and every site had it listed as this same symbol and i even went to a chinese place and they said yeah…

i am satisfied..

main thing is you’re satisfied.

so what are you getting next? Because you know you can’t just stop there.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka
looney bin escapee;71778 wrote:
Also, are you sure that its the appropriate kanji? I mean there are several ways to write “brothers” in chinese.

take it from a jap, that is the correct kanji for brother

looney bin escapee
Participant
@looney-bin-escapee
yodaddynukka;71977 wrote:
take it from a jap, that is the correct kanji for brother

I’m Japanese too.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

cool. im going to be in japan in a few days. im in saigon right now and then off to japan to go see my mom and my bros. havent been back to japan in 13yrs! pretty fuckin excited.

the first character means big bro and second means lil bro.

Ben1985
Participant
@ben1985
yodaddynukka;71982 wrote:
cool. im going to be in japan in a few days. im in saigon right now and then off to japan to go see my mom and my bros. havent been back to japan in 13yrs! pretty fuckin excited.

It does indeed. Here’s mine for little bro;

looney bin escapee
Participant
@looney-bin-escapee
yodaddynukka;71982 wrote:

Cool, what part of Japan? My family is from Miyagi-ken.

I’m excited for you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.