SussexHammer
Participant
@sussexhammer

Of course i won’t make out that I know best, but I shall make him aware that I am not happy with how my tattoo looks, hopefully he will sort it for me without getting all pissy but if he decides not to I shall go elsewhere.

Its my tattoo on my skin and at the end of the day I want it to look good and surely by going back to my original artist makes him understand I like his original work!

looney bin escapee
Participant
@looney-bin-escapee
SussexHammer;71535 wrote:
Of course i won’t make out that I know best, but I shall make him aware that I am not happy with how my tattoo looks, hopefully he will sort it for me without getting all pissy but if he decides not to I shall go elsewhere.

Its my tattoo on my skin and at the end of the day I want it to look good and surely by going back to my original artist makes him understand I like his original work!

perfect. you should be fine.

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

like i said, just go in to see him…… i am sure he will be happy to sort it out for you, but you need to explain why your not happy with it and that way you can both come up with a plan of action.
the artist would much rather you are happy with what he has done as its his reputation on the line here, and as said by another member.. not all artists are willing to work on someone elses work, i dont like working on other peoples work unless there is a real good reason for the original artist cant finish it.

i started a large rib piece on someone last year…. i got the outline done and she tapped out on me, i have since seen her and she has had another person start to fill it in but not to her liking, i personally dont want to work on her again and feel she has made her mind up to go elsewhere….. she thought she was getting a good deal when he said he will do it free of charge for her…… shame he totally fucked it up 😡

now she is screwed because nobody will finish it off !!

“give your artist a chance” 😉

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

like i said, just go in to see him…… i am sure he will be happy to sort it out for you, but you need to explain why your not happy with it and that way you can both come up with a plan of action.
the artist would much rather you are happy with what he has done as its his reputation on the line here, and as said by another member.. not all artists are willing to work on someone elses work, i dont like working on other peoples work unless there is a real good reason for the original artist cant finish it.

i started a large rib piece on someone last year…. i got the outline done and she tapped out on me, i have since seen her and she has had another person start to fill it in but not to her liking, i personally dont want to work on her again and feel she has made her mind up to go elsewhere….. she thought she was getting a good deal when he said he will do it free of charge for her…… shame he totally fucked it up 😡

“give your artist a chance to sort it out” 😉

SussexHammer
Participant
@sussexhammer
Outlaw;71559 wrote:

“give your artist a chance to sort it out” 😉

Thank you, you have pretty much put my mind at ease.
As i said i have emailed my original artist and he normally takes a few days [maybe a week] to reply so i will give him a chance, if not i will call him in a week or so and explain exactly what i mean.

I wouldnt want him to think that i thought bad of his work so i am glad i have come on here to ask about it all before i go and see anyone else.
Fingers crossed that i shall be saying im fully happy with my tattoo in a months time.

And i only originally said i would go to another artist because i feel a bit embarrassed keep asking my artist to touch up my tattoo, everyone else say’s it looks fine but im just not happy with it, and im sure you all know what its like, no tattoo is perfect but you want it to look good right…. 🙂

Chief D
Participant
@chief-d

Get an appointment and just go talk to the artist. Be prepared to compensate him. At least a tip, if nothing else. I personally wouldnt charge for a small touch up, but I consider that part of doing a good job. You are the customer and you have the right to be satisfied that the work is complete. If he is going to be difficult, by all means go to another shop. A small touch up is not exactly f*cking with another artist’s work, its more like maintenance.

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

so…any update to your hammers?

jusia82
@
Ben1985
Participant
@ben1985

I sense some spamola.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.