lostcause
@

Hey guys, Bare with me for a second.
This will be my first tattoo, And its for a recent family member who just passed, actually it will be for the whole family.
Showing my appreciation.

From what i understand there is no Chinese alphabet thus each symbol represents a word, does this mean there is absolutely no way i can get my last name in Chinese? I had a friend who is fluent in Chinese draw me what he thought was my last name however he is unsure and im not willing to go with it until i know what i am getting 100%.

My design will be something simple like my last name, Respect, Honor, Loyalty, Death, Love, Blood.
all in Chinese symbols and a quote around it, another question i have is,
although i want it simple is there anything Unique anyone can recommend i have around it? Or something to put the letters on, thus not making it like every other Chinese tattoo.

Thank you

UK Carl
Participant
@uk-carl

Try this link for your Mandarin Chinese character Name.

http://www.mandarintools.com/chinesename.html

Carl

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

You can have a border of pandas with sushi rolls for eyes, it would be very unique.
Or flowers.
Or different microscopic organisms drawn to viewable size.
Or stars.
Or tapping dancing spiders.

What do you like?

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

Unless you are chinese or can read chinese why would you want chinese writting on your body? This is way overdone and I think a huge mistake for nubes. Get something that means something to you and your family not something that could say “chicken soup” or worse.

There are sites that will “translate” anything you want. But keep in mind like you said there is no alphabet and the best they can do is put sounds together to make your name. If someone that can read chinese tries to read it, it will make no sense.

I would say if your intent on doing it make it as small as possible so you can cover it later. And you will!

chining
Participant
@chining

Translate only last name is easy to do. I have translated thousands of name into Chinese for tattoo purpose.

Translate the word Respect, Honor, Loyalty, Death, Love, Blood is pretty simple, do it in Google Translation. But it could be too common and thousand of people might already have the same word as tattoo.

I do not want this reply to be an Advertisement. You do not have to use my service. There are many services oversea for name translation, but you have to choose the right one. Or You can send me your last name, and I can do the translation for you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.