archie_72490
Participant
@archie_72490

I am planning to get started on a large piece starting with a half sleeve in a couple of months. I am planning for the half sleeve part to be a detailed koi with background. I know it all depends on the artist but can anyone give me a rough idea of how many hours it will take?

Mountain_Man
Participant
@mountain_man

Hard to say I know my half sleeve took 7 1/2 hours and its very detailed but it was also b/g and done with the new Numa gun witch is quicker and less forgiving it also depends on how long you can sit

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

half sleeve? prolly around 15-20hrs.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

It depends on a lot of factors. here are a few: Is he going to line and then shade or do the whole thing with a shader? is he going to draw it on you or is he going to use a stencil? is it going to be color or black and grey? how fast does your artist work? How good is he? How much detail are you looking for? How focused is he? How much pain can you take in one sitting?

There are many more… the truth of the matter is that it can take anywhere from 5 hours to 30 hours. This question and the next logical question- how much will it cost- are things that we can’t really answer for you. Find an artist, work it out, post some photos.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.