evz
Participant
@evz

this is the tatto i would like
http://tinypic.com/r/vh81fm/6
I’m aware that paint has made it rubbish quality – sorry guys!

however where the red cross is, i would like a little picture, i think. i just don’t know what would go well there. also, i’m not too sure about the font, is it clear to read? or does anyone have any other fonts they think would go well? and finally? placement. where about should i have it, somewhere not very visible, so i can still get a job, and about what size?
my apologies for the length, but thankyou!

Il n’est rien de réel que le rêve et l’amour.
Nothing is real but dreams and love

there’s the quote, and the english translation:)

evz
Participant
@evz

please reply to this, guys.

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

You dont know what you want what size you want it and where about to have it tattooed.

Now why is noone rushing to help you I wonder.

The font is too silly for words unless you are having it in a big, like 72 point size, the quote is just a cliche and the cross means only slightly less than the picture you didnt dream up yet.

Sorry to be negative but you did ask.

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

You should get it across your face.
Measure width from ear to ear, and height from chin to hairline.
Try Jokerman font. I think that would look far better than what you have there.

These are all questions no one can give you a viable answer to. You need to figure it out yourself, it’s YOUR tattoo, don’t worry about what other people like, especially some faceless strangers on the internet, worry about what you like. Don’t be lazy, really dig deep and think about this, it’s going to be on you forever. Then take your ideas to an artist and have them help you fine tune everything.

ljfran2383
Participant
@ljfran2383

I dont hate the qoute. its okay, if you like it go for it. I think the font need to be something else unless this is gonna be big.

why french? if you dont mind me asking.

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w
gnarly;70730 wrote:
These are all questions no one can give you a viable answer to. You need to figure it out yourself, it’s YOUR tattoo, don’t worry about what other people like, especially some faceless strangers on the internet, worry about what you like. Don’t be lazy, really dig deep and think about this, it’s going to be on you forever. Then take your ideas to an artist and have them help you fine tune everything.

This should be the standard answer to all of the “what tattoo should i get?” type questions that always flood tattoo forums.

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied
gnarly;70730 wrote:
You should get it across your face.
Measure width from ear to ear, and height from chin to hairline.
Try Jokerman font. I think that would look far better than what you have there.

Agreed. Some people don’t understand that a real tattoo with personal meaning should take time to sort out and should never get to the point to where strangers will finalize the tattoo for yourself.

If that is the case, things are bound to go wrong from the start. If you need to ask what font, what place, what image, what size of your tat then you aren’t ready to be putting something on your body that is permanent or in a year or two, it will be regretted and anyone would hate to say I told you so.

My advice? Never rush and take all the necc. time you need to confirm what will be inked into your body whether it be weeks, months, or years. Make sure you don’t regret it.

MrSultan531
Participant
@mrsultan531
evz;70456 wrote:
this is the tatto i would like
http://tinypic.com/r/vh81fm/6
I’m aware that paint has made it rubbish quality – sorry guys!

however where the red cross is, i would like a little picture, i think. i just don’t know what would go well there. also, i’m not too sure about the font, is it clear to read? or does anyone have any other fonts they think would go well? and finally? placement. where about should i have it, somewhere not very visible, so i can still get a job, and about what size?
my apologies for the length, but thankyou!

Il n’est rien de réel que le rêve et l’amour.
Nothing is real but dreams and love

there’s the quote, and the english translation:)

Is that a google or some online translation? If so i would double check the grammer, when you translate online it does it word for word, in that order, so from what i can tell thats not the best french grammer. I am minoring in french at college (starting to, no where near fluent) but from what i know what you have translated in french is: it is nothing of reality that the dream and love.

Always re translate what you have back into english. If you want the general french version of that english quote, ill give you the best i can do: rien est vrai mais reves et l’amour.

I will ask a friend who is fluent in french to see what she thinks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.