itsofficial
Participant
@itsofficial

Whats up guys, hopefully this is the correct place to put this. I just have a quick question for you all. So I have a really sick idea for a leg sleeve Ive been coming up with. I want to make sure this is done right so Im planning on traveling out of state to a very well know artist to get it done. I have three artists in mind that would do a sick job on the tattoo. It also works out because they are already booked at least a year or two in advance, which will give me time to work out the idea and save money for the piece and travel costs.

So anyway my question is when you want to set up an appointment with an artist whos booked at least a year in advance, would it be a smart idea to also request/ send an email to the other artists your interested in to see if they would like to do the piece? Or should I just decide on one and see if they would like to do it, and if not then call/email the others?
Thanks

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

i would always send multiple emails because you never know. what if one artist isnt interested or doesnt have time, yet another is interested but since you waited for one artist to respond you missed out on the one that was interested?

itsofficial
Participant
@itsofficial

Thats exactly what I was thinking. I just wasnt sure because what if a couple said yes. But then again Im sure it wouldnt really matter to them if I had to cancel on one, since they are so booked anyway. Thanks for the reassurance.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

exactly. its even better if a couple said yes because now you get to pick and choose which one you want! good luck and keep us posted.

btw, if you go with my renshaw suggestion, he is more like a 3yr wait, i think. i may be wrong tho.

itsofficial
Participant
@itsofficial

Definitely. Ha yeah actually, he’s the one Id choose first, he’s got some great work. Its cool because Im now thinking of adding two photos/portraits to the piece, and I know if I bring him both, they would look exactly like the picture.

Wow thats a long wait, but Im perfectly fine with that. I probably wasnt looking to get it for at least another two years anyway. Thanks for the heads up

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

yeah he is amazing. he is on my top 5 artists to get work from but i dont have that kind of patience, heh. the only person i would wait 3yrs for is shige, and last i heard he isnt taking anymore new clients… 🙁

itsofficial
Participant
@itsofficial

Yeah I know what you mean, coming up with the idea and placement I knew I wasn’t going to get it for awhile. Honestly though I’ll probably be getting more work done before this piece, so that will kinda ease me over until then.

I was just looking at Jeff Gogue’s website, he’s booked like two years in advance and not taking any clients for awhile either

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.