GeoTim
@

Okay so I’ve decided to get a tattoo and just recently came up with an idea. I would be so grateful if somebody could give me an estimate on how much the tat will cost. I know some of the most important factors include location and the specific artist, but if anybody could judge based on my description, that would be great. I’m just looking for a numerical estimate. Thank you! Ok so, I want a piece on my upper chest, a little bit below my neck. I’m estimating that I want the piece to be about 5inch in height and 8 inches across. I want the piece to be a firey pheonix in black chains that are broken and somewhere on the piece I want the words “Luctor et Emergo” (I struggle and Emerge) somewhere on the piece. Keep in mind that the only actual colored part of this tatto will be the pheonix. I would like the pheonix’s wings and fire to kind of flow with the whole piece. So with that said, how much do you think my tat would cost? Thank you for your time and effort! I really appreciate it! ๐Ÿ™‚

EDIT: Just in case this adds to any factor, I live in Philadelphia and my sister and her boyfriend have a few connections with tattoo artists (If that helps at all)

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw
GeoTim;70312 wrote:
Just in case this adds to any factor, I live in Philadelphia and my sister and her boyfriend have a few connections with tattoo artists (If that helps at all)

thats easy then……. go ask them !

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

you want the whole phoenix? tail and all? that is much to small of real estate for something like that.

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w

just go ask the artists.

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

I think it would cost 200, your first born child, and your soul. That’s what I would charge anyway.

The only way you can get a real estimate is to ask the artist. As various artists charge various rates and work at various paces.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

Hi Geotim,

Don’t listen to these people, they have no idea what they are talking about. Here’s how you figure out the price of a tattoo:

Measure the space that you want the tattoo in inches. Take that number and square it, giving you square inches. Once you have inches, convert it to CM’s (1 inch= 2.54 centimeters) and then square that number. Once you have that number, multiple the square inches by the square centimeters and then divide into 2. this will give you and average size for your tattoo.

Now, once you have that you need to figure out what the tattoo artist will charge. First, take the zip code where you live. As the further west you go, the higher the prices get, same goes with zip codes. Divide the zip code by a prime number greater than 100 and less than 575. Use your own discretion here, the higher you go, the safer the price will be. Take that number and divide it into the area we defined above. once you have that number, multiple it by 7.655. This will give you you per square inch (NOT CM!) price. Multiple that number by the total square inches you need for the whole tat and that should be your price. DO NOT PAY A PENNY MORE EVEN IF YOU ARTIST TELLS YOU IT”S MORE!

Or, you could just go in and get an estimate. That would work too.

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

I know a guy that will do that for 40 bucks and a 12 pack of Bud.

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied
GeoTim;70312 wrote:
Okay so I’ve decided to get a tattoo and just recently came up with an idea. I would be so grateful if somebody could give me an estimate on how much the tat will cost. I know some of the most important factors include location and the specific artist, but if anybody could judge based on my description, that would be great. I’m just looking for a numerical estimate. Thank you! Ok so, I want a piece on my upper chest, a little bit below my neck. I’m estimating that I want the piece to be about 5inch in height and 8 inches across. I want the piece to be a firey pheonix in black chains that are broken and somewhere on the piece I want the words “Luctor et Emergo” (I struggle and Emerge) somewhere on the piece. Keep in mind that the only actual colored part of this tatto will be the pheonix. I would like the pheonix’s wings and fire to kind of flow with the whole piece. So with that said, how much do you think my tat would cost? Thank you for your time and effort! I really appreciate it! ๐Ÿ™‚

EDIT: Just in case this adds to any factor, I live in Philadelphia and my sister and her boyfriend have a few connections with tattoo artists (If that helps at all)

From the time it took you to write that, you could have possibly stopped in any shop of your liking and asked for an estimate of what it would cost from any tattoo artist.

ALL tattoo artists vary, so there is no way any of us can give you an estimate of what the artist you pick would mark up your cost of the detailed tattoo that you’re going for. One tattoo artist could charge more than the other with the same amount of time, patience, detail and work with the tattoo you ask for so you just need to pick & trust an artist who you think will do the best job for it to be worth the money you will be dishing out.

There’s only one thing that I can confirm: It’ll cost money.

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

i could give you a price … but then you would need to add the price of flights, hotel….. plus a bottle of dandilion & burdock ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.