SantasHat
Participant
@santashat

So I have been drawing up some designs for my illustration course and im wondering if any of them could be used for tattoos? The line work is extremely close together and tight. I have absolutely NO idea about tattoos so this question might be really stupid.

But yeah here are some of the designs:

4725614498_db47ed5f79_z.jpg
4738838354_48e12654a5_z.jpg
4736120156_346ef95b94_z.jpg

Thank you.

P.S: All from my flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/lukespring/

Poesy
Participant
@poesy

Hey

I’m vague on the know-how – but I think it’d have to be pretty big for the lines to work. Like half your back or something

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

all of those designs would need to be done large,,,, all tattoo’s spread over time, if the lines are too close together then after a while they would all mingle into one big mess
the last one isnt as bad as the first 2, but you would need to change some of the line shading for normal shading 😉

i would never do a piece like any of those no matter how much the client offered me !!

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

Don’t quit your day job.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
xxTOPDOGxx;70331 wrote:
Don’t quit your day job.

Hmm… I was just thinking the same thing. Aside from the feasibility of turning those drawings into tattoos, they aren’t very good to begin with. Sorry SantaShat.

Poesy
Participant
@poesy

I like them. Not necessarily as a tattoo but I could see them in a neil gaimanesque novel/graphic novel

SantasHat
Participant
@santashat
xxTOPDOGxx;70331 wrote:
Don’t quit your day job.

Judging from your taste in Tattoos and general attitude to other posters on this site im not going to take your comments too seriously.

Thanks for the input everyone else, very helpful and I will definitely look into simplifying the idea to prevent the tattoo spreading.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.