-DMD-
Participant
@dmd

Hey guys, I’ve been wondering if it’s a normal thing that I can feel the tattoo by touching the area.
I’m talking about my tribal piece, I can actually feel the lines when I move my hand over the skin.

I had my tattoo for about a year or so.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

can u always feel it? sometimes ink gets raised when its hot, like summertime. its very common.

-DMD-
Participant
@dmd

Yeah it might be the heat, it’s 30 degrees here…
Why would it get raised by heat tho?

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

just a reaction to the ink. it happens (at least with mine) mostly with black ink and mostly with areas that have been dug in harder/deeper than normal.

EDIT: my first ink i got when i was 17 years ago by a local shop (its now been covered up) still gets raised in the heat sometimes.

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

Its ya basic science thing init!
Stuff expands when it gets hot dont it?
Tribal tats is well black and as black absorbs more heat than lighter coloured skin the black expands more as does the fluid under it.

Simples……………….

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi as Cornish has stated…

The reason you can feel the tattoo is because the black ink is actually solid pigments taht were carried by a carrier solution and injected into your skin.

The pigment is held in place by tiny pockets of scar tissue which holds the microgranulation.

When it is hot our body carries more blood to the skin surface to help cool us down and create sweating.

This causes the blood vessels to engorge and press against the skin widening the pores. This allows more oxygen but causes the scar tissue to inflame. This pusshes the pigment up as a side effect.

That is why it can feel rough to the touch.

Take Care
Matthew

-DMD-
Participant
@dmd

Thanks a lot guys! 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.