MrSultan531
Participant
@mrsultan531

I know that sun can slowly ruin a tattoo, but what about tanning?

I got my dragon on my back colored almost a month ago and knew i had to keep it out of the sun, all the normal stuff. The only spot that could have been exposed to sun is near my neck, and thats only if my tshirt is really streched out, doesnt have a halfway decent colar, or if i pull it down, like whenyou wear a backpack. I was able to keep it 100% out of the sun the first week when it was peeling and everything, but i still had to go to work. I install underground cable tv lines, so i have been outside 8 hours a day for the past 3 weeks after i got the dragon. I have kept my shirt on knowing sun= tattoo death, but my neck did get a decent amount of sun, along with like 1-2 inches of the dragons neck, near my neck did get some sun. I have an insane farmers tan now thanks to the shirt, but will the fact that a part of the dragon did get a bit of sun, and did tan a little mean that its colors could be damaged or changed?

I normally loose my tan during fall/ winter so if the tan does change any of the coloring will it go back to normal when the tan is gone?

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w

Tanning isnt good for tattoos either. Not quite as bad as sun burns, but frequent tanning can and will fade a tattoo quickly. You should put sunscreen on the areas of your tattoo that are frequently exposed to the sun. SPF 30+.

The parts that are tanned now will probably return to their previous colour when your tan goes away, considering you said they were only tanned a bit. Just from now on, wear sunscreen!

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

unless u were wearing spf clothing, a tshirt wont do a whole lot to protect u from the sun. but its still better than nothing.

MrSultan531
Participant
@mrsultan531

Thats sorta what i was thinking, i just knew sunscreen on a day old tattoo may not have been the best idea. The shirt looks like it blocked all of the sun due to the straight line of my farmers tan but ill just have to keep up with the sunscreen from now on.
thanks

KJD2121
Participant
@kjd2121

Wear a wide brimmed hat as well

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.