vendetta-92
Participant
@vendetta-92

All the fans of the band Cold get their spider logo tattooed to themselves. But I wanna be different, so Ill show the norm, and what I want. Tell me what you all think.
The Norm:
3750837550_31f011e98b.jpg
My “idea”:
cold_spider.jpg
I want to keep some of the “cloudy stuff” around it and everything. Maybe not translucent lettering, not for sure. Itll be wicked I bet. And I know, I know, “If you like it, get it.” Just looking for some opinions beforehand.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Not heard the band but will check them out.

If you had not told me that it was a band image I would have just thought it was a tribal-style spider (flash work).

Nothing wrong with that but wouldn’t have had any serious reaction/thought about it.

The translucent writing will not work brilliantly on a solid black tattoo – you could have light shading put in or have as though it i branded into the spider instead.

Also why not have it wrapped around some ice shards, or breaking out of ice?

A couple of examples just replace the dragon with the spider.

http://sky-3.webs.com/Ice_Dragon_by_Ironshod.jpg (have the spider wrapped around)

http://rookery3.viary.com/storagev12/1291000/1291456_a5eb_625x1000.jpg (have the spider crouched with the logo above or below it).

Take Care
Matthew

vendetta-92
Participant
@vendetta-92

That would be pretty slick, I like what I got going though. Im gonna keep that all in mind for a later tat though

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

I think band tattoos are pretty lame.

I agree that the spider looks like tribal flash, but I think it’s a nice simple design.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder
gnarly;69493 wrote:
I think band tattoos are pretty lame.

I agree that the spider looks like tribal flash, but I think it’s a nice simple design.

I could not agree more. I was way into Nirvana when I was younger but if I got a tat of them I would have already covered that shit up. Think about stuff that you liked even two years ago and if you still like the same stuff now.

Anyway, if you are going to do something like this make it at least a little bit more interesting. Or not, your choice, I just think in the long run you’l be disappointed if you do this flash style tribal thing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.