SussexHammer
Participant
@sussexhammer

Hi all, i am new to this site and really, i don’t know what im doing, just looking for answers .

Basically I got my first tattoo of 2 crossed hammers [West ham fan] on my wrist 10 days ago, and now the scab is off in one certain place it looks like the colouring has faded, but every where else looks fine.
I have no idea why this has happened, all i can think of is that the scab has been pulled or premiturely.

Also, the top of the hammer on one side looks as though i t has not been coloured in as i can see flesh through it, is this par of the healing process or is this because it has not been filled properly ?

I emailed my tattoo artist and he told me that maybe i had pulled some of the scab off and said to go back in a few weeks to see if it needs touching up.

Basically i wan’t to know whether to just wait a few more weeks and see what it looks like.
Or do i worry..
And how long do you recommend to leave it before i go back for a touch up.

The simple answer would be to let it heal properly then judge it, but things are easier said then done for me.

Sorry for being such a pain, im sure future tattoo’s will get easier.
All help is kindly greatful 🙂

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

I got a tattoo done about 2 weeks ago and it’s still going through a ‘looks like shit’ stage. I would give it some time to shed and heal before freaking out.

SussexHammer
Participant
@sussexhammer

Thanks, its just this is my first tattoo and im unsure of how it should look at this stage, although it did look a little un coloured when i got it done.

And it is now at the peeling stage, so do i leave it to peel, or do i keep putting savalon on it ?

I just hope im doing the right thing, and i don’t want to keep bugging my tattoo artist because he seems to be getting Annoyed!

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

Post a pic.
Touch-ups are common.
I don’t know Savalon, but I would stop putting shit on it.

SussexHammer
Participant
@sussexhammer

I shall post a picture when my laptop decides to work properly.

But all im worried about is 2 parts on the tattoo, the rest i am happy with, and its clear that touch-ups are common and i guess that is what il be doing, but how long should i wait before i go back and ask for a touch up?

Should i stop using cream alltogether or do you reccommend something different ?
Im just a bit worried it might dry up, then again im worried im not letting it peel :confused:

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

Yea, after 10 days you don’t need to put anything on it. If it is peeling, let it be. Wash it 3 times a day with anti-bacterial soap and pat dry. Don’t pick scabs! It will dry out and itch, thats normal. If you need to put something on it, use a non-petroleum, unscented skin lotion.

Let it heal for at least 6 weeks before getting a touch up.

Who’s the artist? Where’d you get your ink?

shudderingfordays
Participant
@shudderingfordays

there doesn’t seem to be too much of an issue here. Your artist has said he’ll look at it and touch it up if need be. Once it stops scabbing or flaking it is sufficiently healed for you to revisit your artist.

Don’t overcomplicate it.

SussexHammer
Participant
@sussexhammer
xxTOPDOGxx;69221 wrote:
Yea, after 10 days you don’t need to put anything on it. If it is peeling, let it be. Wash it 3 times a day with anti-bacterial soap and pat dry. Don’t pick scabs! It will dry out and itch, thats normal. If you need to put something on it, use a non-petroleum, unscented skin lotion.

Let it heal for at least 6 weeks before getting a touch up.

Who’s the artist? Where’d you get your ink?

Thank you, this is really helpful and i have also just this minute recieved an email saying “come in when it has fully healed and we will go from there” So basically il see what my artist recommends, but for now i shall follow your instructions :).

Andy [ i think his name is ] and i had it done at “Wildside tattoo studio’s” in bognor regis 😮

Once again, thank you.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

The min you should wait is 4 weeks but better if you wait 6 weeks for a touch-up.

The ink always looks a little more faded after healing than when fresh on because you are viewing it through layers of skin. That said touch-ups are common and nothing to worry about.

Take care
Matthew

WonderInk6
@

I think you should wait a little longer and see what it looks like when the whole thing heals… maybe it will look fine or maybe there will be other spots you want to touch up as well!

SussexHammer
Participant
@sussexhammer

Thank you, for everyone’s feedback, im feeling more relaxed about it all now.

Il just wait and see what it looks like at the end of the month or longer, go see my artist and see what he recommends.
A touch-up will probably be the best answer :).

Kind regards

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.