timebomb
Participant
@timebomb

Whatsup guys….As you can tell, I am new to this forum. I am trying to find help with my tattoo idea. My grandmother just recently passed away, and since I am jewish and she is too, I was going to get the Star of David with her name inside it. I also wanted to put something like an “irish knot” on the edges of the star where the points are…Or something close. If anyone has any ideas or advice, it is muchly apriciated.

The knots look something like this

celtic-eternity-knots.jpg

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

Welcome to the forum.
I’m sorry to hear about your grandmother.

I’m a little bit confused about your idea, maybe you could clarify for me, you’re getting a Star of David with corners that are twisted – similar to the fashion of a Celtic knot, OR you’re getting a Star of David with entire Celtic knots in the corners?

I like the first idea, it seems like a good way to add your own touch. The second idea sounds like it could go either way to me; if the knots are too big, or small for this I feel like it just won’t look “right”.

Have you found a tattooist yet?

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

How big are you thinking? To get the detail in the corners of the star it’s going to have to be quite large. I like Gnarly’s Idea above, I think that could turn out really well.

Your best bet is to find an artist that has done celtic work and talk to him/her about it. They’ll be able to guide you to the right Idea.

timebomb
Participant
@timebomb

I wasn’t totally sure of what to do. I was looking for ideas, and I like the ideas above. Im just not sure how big I could get it if I got it on my chest…ya know?

ArniVidar
@arnividar

The only problem I have with that idea is that the Celts/vikings of old were very much heathen. So perhaps messing with the star of David like that is some form of sacrilege?

timebomb
Participant
@timebomb

Yea, that is something to think about. I just want to add something more to it so it doesnt look so bland.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.