ArniVidar
@arnividar

Hey guys.

There is a tattooist here in Iceland called Svanur, which I was checking out and thought I’d ask your opinions.

His portrait work is (to me) brilliant, but the common negative I hear about him is that he uses ‘weird’ colors in his color pieces. Perhaps he’s just too abstract for some people’s tastes. I’d probably get him to do some B/G on me so the color issue is not necessarily a worry, but I’d like to hear your views on his talents.

I’m going to the Icelandic Tattoo Festival tomorrow (and sunday too) and he will be one of the guys there, so hopefully I’ll see some awesome pieces in the making.

4 galleries (including his artwork) here:

http://www.tattoos.is/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=1&Itemid=24

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

looks good to me. Some of his black and grey looks slightly over shaded but that might be because the tat was new and needed to heal over. The lines are great and most important, to me anyway, the portraits “pop”… they have life to them.

Thumbs up from me!

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Coo. Could you give me an example of a pic of his you call possibly ‘over shaded’? Might be good to know what that looks like.

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

It all seems pretty solid. Though some of the portraits are just good, not great, or incredible or amazing.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.