Jubakuba
Participant
@jubakuba

So.
So so so.
A few of you know that I find Radeo Suicide to be absolutely gorgeous.
Yup.

But I’ve been considering (fairly seriously) getting a pin-up tattoo of her. The problems that I can foresee would be the tattoo bleeding too much over time…as I don’t want it to be a huge piece.
I’m thinking about 10 inches tall maximum. Standing version of her, in all her glory.

My questions would be:
Would her tattoos be easily incorporated into MY tattoo? I assume it would be fairly possible to use a few of her pieces…most notably her star-studded breasts (if I decide to go nude). But I don’t want it to be a huge piece…and I want some longevity in the piece…so I’m pretty worried about the ink bleeding.

And…
Would she be recognizable at this size?
I know some face detail would be lost…tattoo detail…the works.

I’m not bringing these questions to my artist because…frankly…if I get it done…
I’m going to go to Rich Ives as opposed to my usual artist.
And Rich Ives is a goddamn prick. I hate him. But his work is gorgeous.
He seems to like nature scenes and Native American themes…but frankly I trust his work…and paying twice what I normally do would be ok with me.
I need this piece to be perfect.
Totally not looking forward to it though…goddamn snooty receptionist…goddamn shitty nose-in-the air attitude about the whole shop…bastards.
My usual artist also has a standing feud between Rich…mostly because Rich is an asshole…but there’s a long story that I won’t get into.
I feel kinda’ shitty about the whole situation…but whatevs’.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Not being an artist I have no comment in the feasibility of your idea, but I just had to say GODDAMN that artist is good, and no wonder he’s a prick! People that are this good can afford being pricks. JP (Iceland’s finest, and has a somewhat similar style, only in B/G) is like that too… a bloody annoying selective prick who refuses to to anything unless it inspires him and he really WANTS to do the piece. I’ll have to wait a few more years for his work on my body and it’ll be awesome and horrible at the same time. I know how you feel. :S

Poesy
Participant
@poesy

Call me naive, but I don’t see why being good gives him the right to be a prick. If you don’t enjoy the tattoo experience then surely it’ll taint your enjoyment of the tattoo? I know you’ve had several so don’t exactly need putting at ease by an artist, but several hours being caused pain by someone you really don’t like doesnt seem ideal? You already sound really unhappy about it and you havent even been in to book it yet.

In terms of the actual picture, I’d go for her back if you get it, with the cheetah/leopard print, which might be easier to copy into small, and also looks really cool. Getting someone gorgeous in their prime seems a little bit Dorian grayish to me, personally, but if you’re ok about sacrificing some detail then it probably matters less. Why don’t you get a more absract ‘drawing’ rather than ‘photo’ look and then you can adapt her and make her your own?

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Poesy;68660 wrote:
Call me naive, but I don’t see why being good gives him the right to be a prick.

Doesn’t give them any right per se, but if they are thus inclined they do not have to mask their prickness with anything because they are that bloody good and there are long lines of people waiting to get inked by them. If you lose one customer because he doesn’t like you, so what… there are 10 more waiting to get his/her place.

As for getting an actual living person that you don’t know personally tattooed on you, I agree about the Dorian Gray bit. Just a tiny bit of stalkerism in such an action. :p

Jubakuba
Participant
@jubakuba

Posey:
I hate the guy, ya…
And I really don’t even want to talk ideas with him…haha. So I appreciate your input.
But I really don’t mind the experience being slightly awkward. But I’m sure I can get him to shut the hell up and tattoo with his mouth closed.
I really just find her to be…the perfect essence of beauty. It isn’t so much HER that I like.
In fact…with my complex moral structure…I actually already hate her as a person…but she’s hawt 😮

ArniVidar:
Stalker schmalker yada nada.
I’d give away the twins for a chance at her.
Haha. 😀

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Ya don’t particularly have to like someone to have days long, wild, uninhibited sex with them, that’s for sure :p

Jubakuba
Participant
@jubakuba

Wise words. Wise words.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

The tattoo if you are going 10 inches high you are gonna struggle to get any serious detail into the tattoo as you are just portraying a likeness.

It can be done and remember a pin-up is a conceptual idea of the woman not the woman herself.

As for blurring all tattoos blur with time so that is why you might want to consider something bigger or less fine detail or maybe a head and shoulders/chest piece.

The only way you could possibly get it to fit is if she was kneeling ( I PM’d you a link not suitable image for this site).

Take Care
Matthew

PS whilst she is a good looking lass what exactly is that makes her stand out from all the other women??

Jubakuba
Participant
@jubakuba

I’m not exactly looking for a portrait…
Mostly her often blue-streaked hair, a tattooed pin-up…her…assets…which ARE unique…as you know.
And the basic shape of her face.

I really don’t know.
Something about her captivates me.

I’m sure this tattoo isn’t happening anytime soon…I’ll have plenty of time to decide if I do/don’t want to go through with it.
If I get around to it…
It’ll be sometime in October.
My employer releases a “Shared Comp” check every six months. Basically its just the extra money the hospital made released to their employees. Pretty rad.
We have another month to go before the final value is out…
But currently we’re looking at a $1,197 bonus.
It could double…it could be cut in half…we’ll have to wait and see.
We also get three regular checks in October…as opposed to the usual two…so I’ll have most of the third check to add to the tattoo as well.
But my plan for the extra cash is to get a tattoo.
Either this one…
Or the bull I’ve always wanted…
Or simply start filling out my back some more.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder
Jubakuba;68676 wrote:
I’m not exactly looking for a portrait…
Mostly her often blue-streaked hair, a tattooed pin-up…her…assets…which ARE unique…as you know.
And the basic shape of her face.

I really don’t know.
Something about her captivates me.

I’m sure this tattoo isn’t happening anytime soon…I’ll have plenty of time to decide if I do/don’t want to go through with it.
If I get around to it…
It’ll be sometime in October.
My employer releases a “Shared Comp” check every six months. Basically its just the extra money the hospital made released to their employees. Pretty rad.
We have another month to go before the final value is out…
But currently we’re looking at a $1,197 bonus.
It could double…it could be cut in half…we’ll have to wait and see.
We also get three regular checks in October…as opposed to the usual two…so I’ll have most of the third check to add to the tattoo as well.
But my plan for the extra cash is to get a tattoo.
Either this one…
Or the bull I’ve always wanted…
Or simply start filling out my back some more.

I wish I could be a fly on the wall when you have to explain this tattoo to all of your future girlfriends. You say Stalker Schmalker now but just wait for Radeo to turn into a giant cock block !

If you are going to do it I would work out a way to get something bigger so you can do it full on. If this is that important to you why cut corners? As far as this guy being a total douche, there is lots of humble talent out there. I personally would not give a cent of my money to someone who comes off as a complete ass no matter how tight his work is. In todays world there are waaaay too many extremely talented artists starving for me to support a cocky bastard.

Thats just me though….

Poesy
Participant
@poesy
Gsouder;68758 wrote:
I wish I could be a fly on the wall when you have to explain this tattoo to all of your future girlfriends. You say Stalker Schmalker now but just wait for Radeo to turn into a giant cock block !

Speaking as a girl, I kind of agree. It’s one thing your boyfriend thinking another woman is hot – I don’t mind that my bf adores various beautiful women, but if he tattooed them on him as his idea of ‘perfect beauty’ I’d definitely feel second place to the tattoo…

I also agree with Gsouder about the artist…

irishman301
Participant
@irishman301
Poesy;68774 wrote:
Speaking as a girl, I kind of agree. It’s one thing your boyfriend thinking another woman is hot – I don’t mind that my bf adores various beautiful women, but if he tattooed them on him as his idea of ‘perfect beauty’ I’d definitely feel second place to the tattoo…

I couldn’t agree more.

KJD2121
Participant
@kjd2121
Poesy;68774 wrote:

It’s all about the Threeesome baby!!!

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

HAHAHA “hey baby, why don’t we have a threesome…. you, me and this girl that you will never live up to in my mind. Are you feeling sexy now? yeah, baby….”

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

^^i was actually thinking the same about gf’s ^^

where are you planning on placing it anyways ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.