Triliaeris
Participant
@triliaeris

I’ve wanted a manatee tattoo pretty much since I’ve wanted to have a tattoo. The only issue has been that my husband didn’t want me to get faces on my body when I started getting tattoos, so the manatee was a bit of an issue. After talking it through, we came to an agreement of sorts…well…I did. I’d bombard his email and his life with manatees, manatee talk, and general begging and whining until he changed his mind, lol.

Thankfully he did. I sent him a bunch of images I liked, but he had problems with all of them! (should have seen that coming) In a surprise twist today though….he put a bunch of the parts I thought were cute together, reworked the face so he really liked it…and made me potential tattoo!!!!!!!!!

So…here is the first image.

jasonmanateetry.jpg

Here is the “final” with a background and the details slightly larger

jasonmanateetry3.jpg

I really love it…but it’s missing something that I can’t quite describe. Any suggestions? Also, how can I do a gray manatee without it just being a block of gray? They can do gray right? I need to look up colors again just in case. I’m not 100% on the cupcake yet….the manatee looks SOOO happy to have it though, it seems to fit! lol How silly is that?! ๐Ÿ˜€ I think I’ll put it on my leg….back of the calf maybe? Thoughts?

So…what do you guys think? Suggestions? Opinions? Additions? lol

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

Heres my 2 pecos:
I would add more detail to the body. Right now you have a grey blob with a face and flippers. Acually it seems to me like the whole thing needs detail. To me it looks like a greeting card put togeter with a bunch of clipart. Don’t get me wrong, I like the idea and the design you have is cute, but I think it could be much better.
My suggestion would be to take that image to your tattoo artist and see what he can do with it.

Triliaeris
Participant
@triliaeris

Good idea. My husband and I aren’t artist, all we can do is take what I like and put it together. He’s brilliant with website design, but neither of us can draw a manatee, lol.

So I can send concept to a tattoo artist who can work at it right?

I agree it can be better, it’s why I posted here! Most of you have far more work done than I have and can help. Even if someone comes along and hates it, well that’s okay. It’s not on their body…lol…I just need help figurig out how to make this perfect.

Thanks!

Jlin
Participant
@jlin
Triliaeris;68154 wrote:
So I can send concept to a tattoo artist who can work at it right?

I’d suggest you go and see what tattoo artists are located in your general area, check out their portfolios and if you like one of them, go see them in person and explain what you’d like. I’m sure that they will be happy to advise you ๐Ÿ™‚

Love the idea, it’s really cute! I agree that it might not translate as well as a tattoo yet but I’m sure that an artist will know how to make it great.

Triliaeris
Participant
@triliaeris

I had already found someone in Tampa. Ascension Alpha/Omega in Orlando. Since I’m in Panama City, Floirda their aren’t very many people here I would allow to tattoo anything on me. I’ve gone through so many portfolios and since we travel frequently, I started looking for places I’d be shortly and would be able to make multiple trips to.

There are a few artists at that shop I’d be okay with based on their portfolios. Thankfully I’ll get to go down shortly and actually stop and and see the shop and meet them. I sent a request to Nick there to see what he thinks and what the next steps are at that shop. I explained about the detail, and that while it’s cute, it can be way better and can be something unique….but I need help. I sent a link to the image as well. Again, the good thing is I can be down there just about every weekend if I need to be!

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

I like the design – very original IMHO ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.