Participant
@sherryar

See my profile to see the pics.

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

In short average at best.

In more detail:

I asume the star is a cover up or you are a big USSR fan? (4)

The Script looks like script just not my thing and rather dated as an idea. (4)

Just my opinion and remember you did ask

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

You were generous. I gave them 2’s. Not bad work but the star looks like a bad cover up and the japanese symbol looks like flash. Not the best work I’ve seen on this site.

What were you expecting us to rate them at?

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

i am not a fan of star tattoos or kanji… they are way overused in the tattoo world. so i am biased, and therefore hate them. but in the ways of quality? the star does not seem well done. your script looks better though. cleaner.

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

Star (3)
Kanji (4)
Average work. Why does it say “chicken stir-fry” on your back? JK. Kanji is something that confuses me, unless your Asian, why have it written on you? Now everyone needs to ask what it says. So what does it say? Not that it matters, I’ll usually just make up something when I see it. That will make a nice cover-up someday.

irishman301
Participant
@irishman301

They are not intricate, or super crazy high-tech advanced drawings…..but the only thing that matters is if you like them.

My latest tattoo is something that’s not an amazing work of art, but it’s basically something that has more meaning to me then anything I have previously had tattooed on me before…..and with a slight creative spin on it from the orginal.

Others may rate it a 3 or 4…and say that’s it’s not a ‘work of art’….but to me it’s the coolest tattoo I could possibly have.

If you feel that way about them, then they are ’10’s’.

SherryAR
Participant
@sherryar
Cornishtiger;67920 wrote:
In short average at best.

In more detail:

I asume the star is a cover up or you are a big USSR fan? (4)

The Script looks like script just not my thing and rather dated as an idea. (4)

Just my opinion and remember you did ask

It’s not a cover-up and I’m not a communist. I had one person do the outline, and then went back and had someone else fill it in. It’s supposed to be a rockstar tattoo. What do you think I could add to it to make it look better?

SherryAR
Participant
@sherryar
Gsouder;67922 wrote:
You were generous. I gave them 2’s. Not bad work but the star looks like a bad cover up and the japanese symbol looks like flash. Not the best work I’ve seen on this site.

What were you expecting us to rate them at?

Of course I’ve been told that the pictures are a bit blurry so maybe that decreases their value.

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

They are boring, and unoriginal. The star is also kind of awkward, maybe the angle of the picture exacerbates it, but it seems to be a bit long.

I give them both 2s.

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

providing that you like the pieces and then thats all that really matters…..

now as for scoring or critique…

the star…

unless there is a real good reason then i shall say its disrespectful to change artists part way through a piece (my personal thoughts) .. The lining looks like it was done with a shader rather than a liner, the point that is near your wrist looks like it has big blowout on it (caused by artist working too deep) the colour fill dont go right up to the edges, and it looks patchy with 1x big holidy in it… 4/10

the Kanji..

well it looks to me like two different people have had a go at it, the left hand side looks like it has been really over worked and the right hand side looks like its very patchy, different brand ink and too large compared to the left hand side of the design… it might just be the photo but thats how it looked to me 😉 .. 4/10

SherryAR
Participant
@sherryar
Outlaw;67982 wrote:
providing that you like the pieces and then thats all that really matters…..

now as for scoring or critique…

the star…

unless there is a real good reason then i shall say its disrespectful to change artists part way through a piece (my personal thoughts) .. The lining looks like it was done with a shader rather than a liner, the point that is near your wrist looks like it has big blowout on it (caused by artist working too deep) the colour fill dont go right up to the edges, and it looks patchy with 1x big holidy in it… 4/10

the Kanji..

well it looks to me like two different people have had a go at it, the left hand side looks like it has been really over worked and the right hand side looks like its very patchy, different brand ink and too large compared to the left hand side of the design… it might just be the photo but thats how it looked to me 😉 .. 4/10

ONE artist did the Chinese zodiac tattoo. He did miss filling in some spots near the loop which I have to get touched up.

Also, I’m just wondering, but I see people with tattoos all the time that are TERRIBLE and mine look way better than theirs. I agree mine aren’t the greatest but they are my first two and they aren’t perfectly drawn but I didn’t think they looked bad at all.

-DMD-
Participant
@dmd

No idea what’s everyone bitching about, like 50% here got a kaji themselves.
It might not be super original but what the hell, all that matters is she likes em.
You might say kaji isn’t original, but so are asian theme tattoos, butterflies, fairies, dragons, kois and everything else.

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk
SherryAR;67994 wrote:
Also, I’m just wondering, but I see people with tattoos all the time that are TERRIBLE and mine look way better than theirs. I agree mine aren’t the greatest but they are my first two and they aren’t perfectly drawn but I didn’t think they looked bad at all.

Yeah, and we tend to tell them their ink sucks, and that they suck for putting such little thought into their ink. We’re honest, and frankly, usually harsh when you’ve got it coming. Frankly, your ink is mediocre, bland, uninspired, and done with only a moderate amount of skill. See Outlaw’s post for the technical breakdown.

Dude chick, what I don’t get is that you obviously KNEW your ink was barely mid of the road before you asked. Now you’re trying to defend yourself by saying at least I’m not as bad as, which is always is a worthless defense—sure, I’m a rapist, but at least I’m not as bad as a cannibal.

And in light of that, I gotta ask, what did you expect us to say?

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder
KnightHawk;67998 wrote:
Yeah, and we tend to tell them their ink sucks, and that they suck for putting such little thought into their ink. We’re honest, and frankly, usually harsh when you’ve got it coming. Frankly, your ink is mediocre, bland, uninspired, and done with only a moderate amount of skill. See Outlaw’s post for the technical breakdown.

Dude chick, what I don’t get is that you obviously KNEW your ink was barely mid of the road before you asked. Now you’re trying to defend yourself by saying at least I’m not as bad as, which is always is a worthless defense—sure, I’m a rapist, but at least I’m not as bad as a cannibal.

And in light of that, I gotta ask, what did you expect us to say?

Love. Peace. Metallica.

couldn’t agree more. obviously the title on this thread is wrong. it should be:

“please lie to me about the quality of my tats because I need validation”

KJD2121
Participant
@kjd2121

Fail on both tats. Non-original. What are you like 16. You will be covering that Kanji with flowers soon. What’s next- TRAMP Stamp?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.