joemac
Participant
@joemac

hi all
im gonna be going to L.A for my vacation in about a week and wanted to get my first sleeve done
the thing is i dont really know what to get as a sleeve
so i was hoping u guys/gals would give me some ideas

over the last few days ive been driving myself crazy trying to figure out what i wanted lol
theres the other thing
i was thinking of getting a full back piece, its an angel with her wings going out to my shoulders
and some other bits in there as well that would take up my back
i was thinking extending it out to cover 2 sleeves somehow but im not sure how it would look
im at a loss lol

ideas would be nice ty

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

1. a trip to a large tattoo mecca does not a good tattoo make. Meaning, just because you are going to LA doesn’t mean you should get a tattoo that you aren’t prepared for just to get it while you are in LA. You are giving yourself a week and from your post it doesn’t seem like you have even decided on a back piece or a sleeve, let alone the content.

2. If you are really set on getting a tattoo in LA, have you picked an artist and made an appointment? Most of the really good artists are not going to be able to see you with a weeks notice. THis means that you are going to get tatted, with a huge piece, by a second or third tier tattoo artist unless you get kind of lucky. Do you want this?

3. if you are really set on this, and points 1 and 2 don’t help change your mind, how adventurous are you? It might be fun to walk into a tattoo artists studio and say “tattoo me. Here’s the general Idea but I want you to run with it.” You’d have to find the right artist for this but it could be a different way to do things.

4. A good sleeve or back piece is going to take 25-50 hours. It’s going to require some heal time as well between sessions. Do you have the stamina to do that much work in a week? your initial answer may be yes but think about this for a second. Why are you going to LA? This will take up a large portion of your week, it will preclude you from activities that let you out in the sun, which is a lot in LA. No beach, no surfing, no Venice in short sleeves etc.

Anyway, think about this. I could be way off but I think you are trying to do this too fast.

joemac
Participant
@joemac

first off what u wrote doesnt make sense
second, im ‘leaving’ in a week, and ill be there for month’s’ as in more than one
third, i know im not just going to walk into a place and say tattoo me
fourth, i wrote this thread for tattoo ideas
maybe i wasnt clear my bad
L.A has some great artists and i am going to look around before i get one obviously
this isnt a spur of the moment thing, after i had my full chest done, i was alrdy making plans for my next
the problem is im just not sure what to get in terms of art, i was hoping to be inspired with some ideas
how did u guys/gals figure out what u wanted? what gave u the idea?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.