Myranda
Participant
@myranda

OKay, so I’m a bit new here… So, I just wanted to put my idea out there and see the response I get. ANY advice would be awesome! however, if you’re going to be rude.. just don’t even bother..

I have always had a fascination with Calla lilies.. and have always wanted one. While doing research on them one day I found that they ironically have two meanings.. Calla lilies are usually seen at weddings in which there they represent Chasity, purity and life and.. However, you will also see them at funerals in which there they would mean resurrection and rebirth. In contrast with this, the flower was symbolic of lust and sexuality among the Romans. Okay, enough of the history… here is my idea

On my right side, along my ribs I want a single stem white calla lily with undertones of purple.
On the left side, along my ribs a dark red single stem calla lily also with undertones of purple to draw them together.
Of course to symbolize the conscious a human has and must face.. the pure (white) calla lily being on my right side meaning to do what is right.. and the lustful (red) lily being on my left.. meaning I always try and do what is right. lol
My question is.. do you think single words describing the lilies would be a good idea or make it too busy?
I was thinking maybe íonacht (purity in Gaelic Irish) and baoiseach (lustful/foolish in Gaelic Irish) I have lots of irish history and thought this would give it more meaning.
I have seen MANY calla lily tattoo’s and they appear to be VERY difficult to tattoo.. How can I know my artist will do a good job, and how not to piss them off if I decide on a different artist at a different parlor.
Anyways ANY advice, tips, anything would be helpful! Thanks a bunch!
~Myranda

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

[Rude comment redacted]

Myranda
Participant
@myranda

Thank you for the mature comment. 🙂

IPCDesignLtd
Participant
@ipcdesignltd

Sounds like a really beautiful tattoo hun, I like the idea of the gaelic, however, youd probably be one of the few people who knew what it meant, not many others speak it! lol

And its tough if the artist doesnt like it if you go elsewhere, tattoos are something that are there for life and you have EVERY right to go to a tattooist you trust to get it right, its your body and your choice! Alot of the places ive been to will do your design for a fee even if you have it done elsewhere.

When you get it done youll have to post pics 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.