clowesy
Participant
@clowesy

Hey guys, I joined here a while ago, and due to uni work I haven’t had time to go back home and talk to an artist about getting some more tattoos! But seen as I have more money, and slightly more time, I’m going to try and be more active and actually get pictures up of my current tatts ๐Ÿ™‚

So I’m just after any ideas (images/quotes) about how you should never change your personality for anyone/anything (seen as I went through something similar not long ago) and that sort of thing. It sounds corney to some I imagine, but tattoos are for me, no one else (unless they are actually about someone else :P)

I’m just after something so I can finally start my upper sleeve. Sorry for the long winded intro, but any ideas anyone has would be great!

Cheers ๐Ÿ™‚

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

I think you are asking us the question you should be asking yourself. What does this mean to you? What represents a non-conformity ideal to you? What symbols speak to you?

Asking us to come up with things that are meaningful to you is a direct conflict to the meaning of your tattoo. If you are the person who “should never change your personality for anyone/anything” then you should be able to come up with something that represents that in you mind, not relying on a bunch of strangers on an internet forum.

Just my .02. I’m not trying to be a dick but I feel like you are robbing yourself of the essential pert of getting a tattoo. Finding the meaning of an object or an idea is the reason that we do this. Don’t pass it off to someone else to do.

clowesy
Participant
@clowesy

Very good point, and I didn’t think you were being a dick, you’re right after all!

I’ve pretty much come up with something, and thrown some latin in ๐Ÿ™‚

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

Cool, It’s tough to know how someone is going to take you when you can’t see each other, you know what I mean?

Once you get the general idea, IE, You want an eagle flying through a cloud that looks like the flag of whatever country you may like then we can help you refine that Idea. It’s just tough when you have nothing… we can’t know what special to you.

Anyway, good luck and keep us posted!

clowesy
Participant
@clowesy

Yeah I understand ๐Ÿ™‚

With a tattoo I needed someone to tell me that, seen as tattoos are known for how permanent they are.

I’m going for latin as I think it’s such a beautiful language and I can have something really soppy and have it sound ace!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.