LiezeLFeliZ
@

I’m wondering if there is numbing cream in the market that you can recommend.. I’m going to have my first tattoo at my lower back and some of my friends told me it really hurt. i just want the tattoo not the pain!:(

mikey_ink
Participant
@mikey_ink

No pain no gain? :rolleyes:

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

its all about the pain, the ink is just a souvenir!!

there are topical anestetic creams readily available in most chemist stores, the main two are called Ametop Gel and Emla Cream… the problem is that a lot of artist wont work on you if it is used, the reasons being are that the skin turns rubbery and hard to work with which normally means overworking the skin, this also means the healing is gowd dam aweful… it takes longer to heal and in some cases it causes ink to fade quickly…. but the biggest downfall is that it dont last long and also when it does wear off then you tend to get all the pain come on at once rather than gradually.

my advise is dont bother having it numbed, the pain isnt too bad unless its a massive big piece, just ensure you have a good meal and a sugary drink before getting to the shop and take a bottle of fizzy with you (not sugar free) relax and enjoy getting a perfect piece of permenant art 😉

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder
LiezeLFeliZ;65961 wrote:
I’m wondering if there is numbing cream in the market that you can recommend.. I’m going to have my first tattoo at my lower back and some of my friends told me it really hurt. i just want the tattoo not the pain!:(

The pain of the tattoo is the whole point. It’s the cathartic experience that makes getting a tattoo special. For one moment in your life you will have a single focus, one point of life that is all consuming. There are very few experiences in life that give you this clarity… orgasms and very near death experiences are the only two other things that I can think of. If you try to take a short cut, if you try to minimize the pain, you are short changing yourself. You are saying that you want things to be easy and you want things to be free.

Not only will you fail- the numbing creams won’t work for long- you will let yourself down. Either you are ready for a tattoo or you are not. Make the choice, and deal with the choice you make.

Ben1985
Participant
@ben1985

I’m one of those that believes the pain is all part of it. If it was as easy as puting some cream on, it would lose half it’s appeal for me. The “challenge” of getting through the pain just adds to the experience.

Bodhisurfer
Participant
@bodhisurfer
Ben1985;66041 wrote:
I’m one of those that believes the pain is all part of it. If it was as easy as puting some cream on, it would lose half it’s appeal for me. The “challenge” of getting through the pain just adds to the experience.

Ditto
Firstly I’m NOT into pain.

But its part of getting a tattoo. Just like if you go surfing youre gonna get wet or…. I’m sure you see my point.:)

You want a tattoo -it’s gonna hurt a little. In 20 years you’ll still have the tat and you probably wont remember the pain:)

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228
Ben1985;66041 wrote:

i agree totally

myles
@
LiezeLFeliZ;65961 wrote:

Dr. numb is a perfect cream for you. It is a numbing cream used for different types of procedures. i already tried this before and i was happy with its result. my first tattoo session was completely painless. 🙂

ArniVidar
@arnividar
LiezeLFeliZ;65961 wrote:

Get a spray-on then. That doesn’t hurt one bit!

Numbing creams take 1-2 hours to work (you can’t be sure, either)but only work for 30-60 minutes.. after which the pain comes like an explosion. The pain-free pocket might be very small indeed. And as others have pointed out, many artists will not tattoo on top of it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.