Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

Can someone explain the attraction of these to me? I don’t get it.

School me please???

Ddenzik
Participant
@ddenzik

Its a mexican holiday where the celebrate the memory of lost loved ones…. but if your not mexican and you dont participate in the holiday, i dont understand the meaning of getting one.

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

i dont get it either… i think they look silly, and as if that wasnt enough, they are very overdone with most people getting them just because “its cool”

ryannnnn
Participant
@ryannnnn

I’m going to get a dia de los muertos tat, maybe a sleeve, starting with a sugar skull girl.

I don’t really like skulls by themselves, but sugar skulls look awesome, and the sugar skull chicks painted by sylvia ji are insanely beautiful.

I think the holiday is cool, but it doesn’t really have any significance for me, I just love the way the girls look. 🙂

RYUU
Participant
@ryuu

Does everything have to have a meaning ? Can you not have a tattoo just because it looks nice ? I understand the concept of meanings especially with personal sentiment etc
Sometimes just let it go and dont wrestle the phylisophical ( spelling geeks feel free ) meanings to obliteration

LOL
ps – i have a sugar skull and i aint mexican please dont tell anyone

bigbud
Participant
@bigbud

if everyone liked the same thing we would all have the same tattoo’s
me i don’t like skulls, but like the candy skulls i think they look cool
one mans pain is another mans pleasure

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder
RYUU;65219 wrote:
Does everything have to have a meaning ? Can you not have a tattoo just because it looks nice ? I understand the concept of meanings especially with personal sentiment etc
Sometimes just let it go and dont wrestle the phylisophical ( spelling geeks feel free ) meanings to obliteration

LOL

Your secret is safe here, on the internet. No one will find out, I promise.

I don’t have anything against them at all, I just didn’t get it. I had no idea it was a mexican thing, I thought it was just a funky way to do a face.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

im not a skull tattoo fan but i must admit i do like sugar skulls :rolleyes:
wouldnt have one though

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

I love them, and I WILL have at least one someday. No meaning, I just find them colorful, fun and interesting.

ryannnnn
Participant
@ryannnnn
RYUU;65219 wrote:

LOL

true this… tattoos don’t have to have any meaning at all, like other art forms, abstract is the most aesthetically pleasing and it has no real “significance”

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.