_cookie_
Participant
@_cookie_

right, so i’m designing me a new tattoo. i want it in a kinda non-traditional japaneese style and i’m having trouble fitting in the kinda black shaded bars that go in the background. how do they fit in ??? is there a certain direction, or pattern they tend to follow ???

not sure this is the right section as i’m new here but thanks for any help ๐Ÿ™‚

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

its not easy from your discription to work out what bars you mean…. im thinking that you mean wind bars, but if its not a traditional jap style tattoo then why have wind bars ???

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

This might be conversation you should have with your artist. I have a few tattoos and it’s always a better experience when you take the general idea to the artist and work together to design the details.

If you art intent on finding your answers here you might want to post what you have already worked out. Non traditional could mean an awful lot of things.

Just my .02…

_cookie_
Participant
@_cookie_

right, this is just a pic i’ve pulled off google to show what i mean, it’s the shaded bar kinda things that are at the bottom of this guys arms. i just cant seem to draw them right. i have no way of posting up a pic of what i’ve drawn but i’m working on it atm so should be able too get something up soon. plus it looks kinda unfinished without the background.

japanese-tattoos-full-body.jpg
๐Ÿ™‚

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi
Those are elemental wind bars and have been placed in the tattoo as air fuels fire.

Traditional wind bars tend to be very blocky and solid fill or can be slightly curved as in the tattoo but again with solid fill.

If you were to go more modern you could do a lighter fill version or ones that flow like water away from the skin.

The direction of the wind bars was usually dictated by the scene so for example if you had water it would be sweeping away from the flow of the current. Or if say a dragon breaking against the flesh of the body.

Take care
Matthew

_cookie_
Participant
@_cookie_
Sherav;64734 wrote:
Hi
Those are elemental wind bars and have been placed in the tattoo as air fuels fire.

Traditional wind bars tend to be very blocky and solid fill or can be slightly curved as in the tattoo but again with solid fill.

If you were to go more modern you could do a lighter fill version or ones that flow like water away from the skin.

The direction of the wind bars was usually dictated by the scene so for example if you had water it would be sweeping away from the flow of the current. Or if say a dragon breaking against the flesh of the body.

Take care
Matthew

ok thank you. ๐Ÿ™‚ back to my sketch book lol

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.