frostus
Participant
@frostus

ive drawn up this for myself to be a lower leg sleeve, i want full colour and the guy wants to charge me £500 for the job

it sounds like quite a bit to me but then im not as experienced as alot of you guys are

what do you think?

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/3527/1011070.jpg

frostus
Participant
@frostus

also, what can i put behind the girl as background?

im a bit stuck with that one

frostus
Participant
@frostus
frostus;64636 wrote:
it sounds like quite a bit to me…

what do you think?

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/3527/1011070.jpg

sorry i cant help but maybe one of the other tattoo enthusiasts know’s more about pricing.. they might be able to help

frostus
Participant
@frostus
frostus;64810 wrote:
sorry i cant help but maybe one of the other tattoo enthusiasts know’s more about pricing.. they might be able to help

thanks, thats what i was hoping 🙂

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

i think, every tattooist has their own idea on prices, it’s all based on time, is his rate 60 quid an hour? if so thats like 8 hours, and some half sleeves can take longer than that, you’ve got to ask yourself do you want to go to another place who will charge less because he will take less time, it probably wont be as badass then.

The koi half is pretty bare, so remember he’ll probably be adding more background to it too, aswell as what your sketch already shows, im no expert on prices but the going rate is normally 60+ per hour, and 8 hours isnt a mountain of time 😛

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

The pricing sounds pretty much average to me a sleeve can go for £500 to £1500 depending on how much detail and time you spend on it.

To be honest if you are fitting in more detail you might want to have a couple hundred more as backup as those pieces will def be 8 -12 hours depending on what you are after.

Are you having them as one flowing piece?

If you are I would suggest a backdrop that links in the water scene maybe a cliff backdrop or a path with the sun shining off the water.

Take Care
Matthew

frostus
Participant
@frostus

thats great guys thanks alot for the input, i feel better about it now lol 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.