MrSultan531
Participant
@mrsultan531

I have been slightly pestering my friends because they have been on the fence about getting a tattoo. They all want one, otherwise i wouldn’t bother them, its just they don’t know what or when. Then i found this drawing of a pug, for my friend who’s pet pug is very important to him

http://imaginism.deviantart.com/art/Pug-121835281

So far he thinks that is the best picture of a pug because it represents exactly what he loves about his dog, so he may consider getting it with his dogs name under it, Dr. Coco.

Will that even work as a tattoo? I think the cartoon feeling of how it is drawn is what makes that drawing the best, but thousands of little lines makes me think that it would never work out as a tattoo. I think if it can be done in a way that skill represents what my friend wants in the pug, it would be really neat because it is so cute/ funny looking like the dogs themselves. Then again it could look flat out retarded.

opinions?

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

Personally I would have your friend take a real picture of his own dog and get that tattooed.

MrSultan531
Participant
@mrsultan531

That makes sense, i think it was mainly how the drawing was like a snapshot of how his dog is, and he may not have another picture that got it quite like that drawing. Maybe take his pug, and make the drawing look like him in the same position.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

The drawing would make a great reference for pose and those googy eyes that they have but many of the lines would have to be replaced by shading rather than pencil lines. However a photo reference is always best if possible.

It can work well as a tattoo and I have seen some great dog portraits but the cartoon effect is already there with their expression which is a cute/ugly look anyhow. An experienced artist can cope with that no probs.

My neighbour has one and a french bulldog and my wife is always torn between going aww cute and kicking them through the window in horror because of their bulging eyes and mass drool.

I just think they are both cute 😀

Take care
Matthew

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.