MrSultan531
Participant
@mrsultan531

I keep hearing about how people’s new tattoos scab over, and i am getting the impression that its just one of the steps in the healing process.

So my question is: is it normal that both of mine haven’t scabbed at all, never got hard, stayed nice and soft, and peeled faster than any sunburn i have ever had. Is the healing process just where you get the tattoo, because both of mine have been on my back and they both healed the same. I don’t want to be “surprised” if for some reason another tattoo in the future scabs over like crazy just because its somewhere other than my back.

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

ya, thats normal, if you keep it moist it’ll just peel kinda like a sunburn. they dont always get hard scabs. in fact, ive only had one tattoo that got hard and crusty. and im pretty sure its because it was my 1st one and i didnt really lotion it much..

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

shading wont scab like a tribal would, it all depends on what you get done, some colours will cause scabbing more than others because they are harder to get into the skin so the area gets slightly harder worked on etc…. also everybodies skin is different.
dont be worried about it, you get away from the dreaded itching sessions as it heals quicker for you lol.. :p

MrSultan531
Participant
@mrsultan531

Yea i was surprised at how fast my back healed. Peeling was all done within 5 days of when i got it, and itching was done within 7 or 8 days. Then i just had to make sure nothing happened to it as all of the layers of skin grew back.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.