jackarmy1688
Participant
@jackarmy1688

Hi All

After my last post about Religious tattoos thanks to your advie I have decided to start the upper arm with a large S.T Michael piece.

Theonly paintings of him I have found of him I am not too keen on

I have found this tattoo and it is spot on to what I want.
I was woundering if anyone can tell me the original painting this was used from?
If not will a photocopy of this be enough reference for my artist to reproduce?

Thanks all, Scott 🙂

jackarmy1688
Participant
@jackarmy1688

medium%2Fst-michael-tattoo.jpg

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

thats a pretty cool piece, and normally i hate it when someone copy’s another person’s art but if this is a painting then i suppose that would be acceptable, as many people probably already have it. i have no idea what that painting is called, but it is fairly slick

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

The most common picture used for that was the artist Luca Giodano who I think simply called it ‘St Michael’. The tattoo is a modern interpretation of a famous oil painting. The orig is held in Germany and is quite stunning.

I would also recommend this artist if you like religious art.

http://www.oceansbridge.com/paintings/collections/92-saints/big/Luca_Giordano_1663_XX_St._Michael_%28St._Michael_the_Archangel%29.jpg

All you have to do is get the artist to change the faces and bodies to that of a demon and add some light from above. The background can be altered to suit but I am sure on comparing the tattoo and painting this is where the inspiration came from.

Take Care
Matthew

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.