Riknos
Participant
@riknos

Hi guys, bit of a demanding first post I know!

I got this tattoo of a dragon done about 5 years ago.. Back then I had smaller arms, so it didn’t look too bad.. but now my arms have got (a bit) bigger.. I think it looks a bit lost.. and want to expand the design to make it fill better..

..So basically, I need some ideas? Something on a similar vein.. so japanese, gothicy, fantasy, tribally kinda stuff.. to expand on it or compliment it.. can someone tell / show me some ideas? If I get something doodled down on paper my tattooist will design something for me, but I need some ideas first!

Pic below:

photo.jpg

Much appreciated guys

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

My suggestion would be a coverup. I’m not saying it’s a terrible piece of work, you could get a big Jap dragon to cover your whole bicep up, which could look really good.

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228
Joker1;63467 wrote:
My suggestion would be a coverup. I’m not saying it’s a terrible piece of work, you could get a big Jap dragon to cover your whole bicep up, which could look really good.

joker has the right idea, get something bigger overtop in my opinion. maybe even get some kind of cool half sleeve or something with that gothic theme you where talkin about, or somethin. thatd be cool.

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied

I agree with the reply’s. It for sure certainly looks way out of place and I don’t personally like the work. Small and lacks character and personality of a dragon. I’d go two options:

#1- Cover it up, and go with something bigger that involves character (Maybe a bigger dragon with the same concept but with lots of colors or even shooting fire rings or flames) and colors, and shading to the point where the art itself flows with the shape of your arms or

#2- If you want to keep that tattoo, simply have it touched up to breath life into it and indeed go with a half sleeve tattoo that would incorporate your tat and involve it into the theme you desire it to be while mixing it in with many upon many stories told around it. Good luck.

Blue1
Participant
@blue1

I agree with ^^^ all of em

ryannnnn
Participant
@ryannnnn

“never”s reply was the best… get a coverup of something bigger, or keep that, touch it up, and add to the theme.

Or, just keep it like that, it makes your muscles look fucking huge!:):confused:

vizzielover
Participant
@vizzielover

Check out my thread “From this to this..”, I expanded my dragon and love the difference it makes to it.

redhead
Participant
@redhead
Riknos;63456 wrote:
Hi guys, bit of a demanding first post I know!

I got this tattoo of a dragon done about 5 years ago.. Back then I had smaller arms, so it didn’t look too bad.. but now my arms have got (a bit) bigger.. I think it looks a bit lost.. and want to expand the design to make it fill better..

..So basically, I need some ideas? Something on a similar vein.. so japanese, gothicy, fantasy, tribally kinda stuff.. to expand on it or compliment it.. can someone tell / show me some ideas? If I get something doodled down on paper my tattooist will design something for me, but I need some ideas first!

Pic below:

photo.jpg

Much appreciated guys

Cover it up…then I think you must add some tribal motive for your arm,don’t use a colourful but only black ink…it will be look great.

Sincerely,
Redhead
http://thefoottattoo.blogspot.com

Riknos
Participant
@riknos

Cheers for all the responses guys..

..The poor quality pic doesn’t do the tat justice, but I (and the tattooist) agrees it would need a touch up. I think I might try and find a bigger dragon to cover it, one that could then be added to at a later date if I so desire.. I’m not 100% sure on the cover-up concept, I’m assuming as long as the tattoo covering it is bigger and darker than it can cover it?

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied
Riknos;63874 wrote:
Cheers for all the responses guys..

..The poor quality pic doesn’t do the tat justice, but I (and the tattooist) agrees it would need a touch up. I think I might try and find a bigger dragon to cover it, one that could then be added to at a later date if I so desire.. I’m not 100% sure on the cover-up concept, I’m assuming as long as the tattoo covering it is bigger and darker than it can cover it?

That will be very very easy to coverup. It’s a faded black tattoo so that means that the slightest shading would go into covering up your tat quite easily. Plus, it is small, so your artist will have 0 trouble and should take all but 15 minutes to work into the bigger scene to the point of not being able to tell it even existed. Good luck. Keep us updated.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.