shining apprentice
Participant
@shining-apprentice

with in the next week or two i will be getting a tattoo of squirtle(yes its a pokemon) but im having trouble deciding where to put it. Its definetly going on my leg but im having trouble deciding exactly where. My though process is that I will be getting a lot of random small tattoos and put them all on my thigh(upper leg) but im wondering if i could make it work below the knee. I was going to save that area for sleeves(pants?) but im thinking it might be possible to turn this into one.

So i guess my question is, Do you think its reasonable to turn a mix of tattoos into a sleeve or would it look silly with a bunch of random tattoos with no common them all thrown togethor.

thanks

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

The key to a sleeve is the theme and filler that is used to join the tattoos together.

Personally I had no idea what a squirtle was and frankly that is is one creepy looking turtle! 😀

If you saw that crawling out of your garden pond you would most likely kick it over the fence.

Anyhow you could make a sleeve no problem out of it – either add water/jungle scene or other pokemon(s) (sp?)

Along with colourful explosions, rainbows or something equally bright.

Take Care
Matthew

shining apprentice
Participant
@shining-apprentice

Thats the thing, i dont want more pokemon or a jungle. I want a lot of random crap that reminds me of fun things and good times.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Why not use the idea of fun as the filler material to the tattoos you are having done?

There is actually no rules stating you must have a conforming sleeve but why not use one element to tie the rest of them together.

A friend of mine has a lot of random tattoos mostly old school but he sued a number of roses and hearts as filler around them and it worked well.

Take Care
Matthew

shining apprentice
Participant
@shining-apprentice

reasonable but its gonna take a lot of effort on my part to think of how to combine xmen and pokemon… im in no rush so i guess its all good.

The Mighty Ming
Participant
@the-mighty-ming

Do it like a comic book strip, that would look cool.

Fotog
Participant
@fotog

I’m designing a sleeve for a pal combining Wolverine, Cthulu, Watchmen and Spidey of The dead. My thought process is adding word bubbles , swirls, and things that are elements of all . The simple fact so much of cartoons or comics have large balck filler elements leaves the sky open. You may want to look at how seperate tattoo’s done of others are combined. I’m in the same boat, currently doing little pieces on my right leg, at the sock level. I’m now beginnning to think beyond just small works, and how they will combine visually down the road. Course, that the fun part. Try looking at some rock stars arms too. Rob Zombie is a good example , for cartoony arm/leg fill work.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.