Juicedup2k9
Participant
@juicedup2k9

Ok there are numerous threads on this but none have helped me, I want to get my kids names tattooed in Kanji and all the free Kanji translation sites I go on give me DIFFERENT translations! The last thing I want on my arm is two egg rolls for $1, Can anybody point me in the direction of where I can get there names and be POSITIVE?

inkmenow
Participant
@inkmenow

Depending on how popular your kids names are, you will likely find various translations because it’s based on the phonetic translation (how it sounds). I think the best way is to find a famous actor/actress that matches your kinds names and then find the actor’s name in Japanese/Chinese. That way you can’t go wrong with the tattoo! Good luck.

ps. You can also try googling the phrase ‘kanji name tattoos’ and get a few related results, but I would still do the above to make sure.

iceman55
Participant
@iceman55

Did you see this site ?? Hope it helps…

http://chineseculture.about.com/library/name/blname.htm

mugwump
Participant
@mugwump

quick question and please dont take this for trolling, but why the fuck would you want your kids name in kanji? im guessing that you’re not of Asian descent and im also guessing that they’re not either! I guess I have just never understood this fascination

Out of interest, what are their names?

Juicedup2k9
Participant
@juicedup2k9

Caleb & Hannah, reason being is to me anybody can look at a tattoo and see a name and know what it means. In Kanji or Chinese they dont know but I do, not trying to keep people from knowing but if they want to know they will ask and i think Kanji is very artistic looking. AND I want to do them in reverse tattoo shading such as Junie Browning’s tattoo.

junie%27s%2Bgrenade.jpg

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.