Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

You are not happy with some of the details.

How do you point out the parts of the tattoo that you don’t like with out pissing him/her off? Also, related question, is it advisable to pay over what the tattoo artist asks in order to get “special attention to detail”?

Let me know what you think.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

You just say can we tweak that area so it looks more like x.

Me and my artist have gone through my backpiece a lot of times and we have refined some of the details.

Last night I told him the bottom looked unfinished and how can we cap it off so we added some major water and lotus blossoms that were not part of the orig design.

They are an artist and you are a customer they should not mind refining the piece to suit – it is not like you are saying I want a lion they draw it and say well actually I wanted a tiger do it again. It is all about communication if said pleasantly they should be pro enough to handle that.

If they are not pro enough walk away because I wouldn’t get inked with something I don’t want to spare a bruised ego.

As for paying over the odds – the simple answer is no.

The artist should already be putting 100% into the piece for you. If not get another artist.

If I am stoked with the artist I tip and I tip heavily or over the odds as you put it because I know they have put so much effort into what I wanted without me asking them to.

That is where they deserve the extra cash/gift.

Take Care
Matthew

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied

If anything, a tattooist looks forward to minor tweaks or changing some things around. Not only does it give them a better feel of what they want to do, but it also creates a bond and trust within the person he/she is doing and the overall piece could come out the exact way that the customer wants it.

Don’t insult their intelligence, I’m sure they welcome you speaking up and telling it how YOU want it. It’s on YOUR body for the rest of your life and it isn’t cheap. They should be glad to go in and tweak.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.