The Lollipop Bandit
Participant
@the-lollipop-bandit

Alright,

I’m hoping to one day get a tattoo on my lower back of an ancient Egyptian scarab beetle.

This is the design:

Stone_Scarab_with_wings_by_1ShotAndree.jpg

The only thing different about it will be that the wings will be spread flat so that the top edge of them are straight across my back instead of curved. And it will be an all black tattoo.

Here is my problem though:

I had hoped to one day get the scarab beetle on my lower back for the fact that the Egyptians saw it as a symbol for rebirth. I wanted to get something to go down my spine from either the base of my neck or the base of my skull. At first I thought of getting ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs that ACTUALLY said something and it would go all the way down to meet just above my scarab beetle. But it’s difficult to find the proper translation of it that is completely reliable. The quote I want to go down my back is: “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

I need some advice on what to do.

Apriltg
Participant
@apriltg

I love the idea and the saying. Certainly hope someone can help you out with the translation because that’s a tattoo I would like to see some pics of when it’s finished.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

The problem you have is that the hieroglyphs were not set to represent modern day thinking and the language was taken from a rough translation of hieroglyphs to Greek then to Latin all of which have a different emphasis on the root meaning of words.

My advice is possibly take a look at the divinities that were worshiped that best represent your saying and then have them flow down your back.

To get an exact translation into hieroglyphs is going to be damn hard and would need an expert linguist.

Take Care
Matthew

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

love the idea 🙂

The Lollipop Bandit
Participant
@the-lollipop-bandit
Sherav;62627 wrote:
Hi

The problem you have is that the hieroglyphs were not set to represent modern day thinking and the language was taken from a rough translation of hieroglyphs to Greek then to Latin all of which have a different emphasis on the root meaning of words.

My advice is possibly take a look at the divinities that were worshiped that best represent your saying and then have them flow down your back.

To get an exact translation into hieroglyphs is going to be damn hard and would need an expert linguist.

Take Care
Matthew

Thank you a lot for the input and I really like that idea. I think I might just do that.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.