Greyhound
Participant
@greyhound

I was look at animals that might symbolise this and came across the Wyvern.

Are there any recognised animals that symbolise Revenge, vengeance or retribution? Or any other ways of incorporating this meaning in a tattoo?

Thanks

yellowsubgirly3
Participant
@yellowsubgirly3

I know you probably did this yourself, but to anwser your question I googled it. This website that first came up and my best friend, who i sactually full native american (she gets to go to college for free because of it, not fair!), says that its a legit website with -mostly- legit meanings. http://www.support-native-american-art.com/Native-American-Animal-Symbols.html
Here is what I pulled from it in breif
Polar Bear: Never gets lost; solitude; expert swimmer through emotional waters; ability to find food where none seems to exist; strength in the face of adversity; communication with the spirit; creature of dreamers, shamans, mystics and visionaries; defense and revenge.
Weasel: Stealth; cunning; ingenuity; revenge; ability to see hidden reasons behind things; power of observation; Weasel and otter hides, because they come from “tough little animals”, are linked to the Crow sun dance, probably conferring endurance. For the Lakota, these two
You can actually get creative with both of those animals. If it was me I would go with the weasel. They are sly in a way possible for revenge. Sneaky and unlikable.

I hope that helped!

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

A rabid deer feeding on the corpse of a slain huntsman.

Yes, I’m serious.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

This was one damn tough one to crack and I had to bribe a mate with beer to look into some archives for me.

There is no global symbol for vengeance (it is very cultural based) but interestingly he dug up a few from the middle ages and from the occult that would make sweet tattoos.

The first is a bloodied dove – described as having blooded wing tips (symbolises crippled limbs so cannot run) bloody tear drops (symbolises blinded so cannot look at their enemy), and finally 3 blood drops on the breast (symbolises the removal of the heart resulting in death).

Black roses entwining a dagger with the blade pointing outwards to represent a coming curse or death in revenge.

The use of waxed candles melted over the eye sockets of a skull and the stump placed burning within the mouth of the skull was often used to raise and torment the spirit.

Hope these help.

Take Care
Matthew

DMoney
Participant
@dmoney

I’ve seen several animals signify revenge, and I guess since there are no universal ones you may have to pick the animal that represents the concept to you.

In dream analysis – scorpions and poisonous snakes indicate revenge (ofcourse this varies according to which tradition you follow)

eatatjerms
Participant
@eatatjerms

Spy Vs. Spy LOL That could be a pretty nice tattoo.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.