Dave_09
Participant
@dave_09

I am kind of thinking getting “Life is Short” on my wrist, like 1 word per line. i wanted to get it after i graduated and got booked for dui of controlled substance + possession of controlled substance but decided to wait until after my shit was settled and now it is and i still want it. The only thing is i dont want it to affect getting a job in the future 😐

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

my wrist tattoo could easily be hidden by a watch if i ever needed to

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

You could always get it on your collarbones or as an upper arm piece.
Very true statement though.

Take Care
Matthew

Dave_09
Participant
@dave_09
Sherav;61482 wrote:
You could always get it on your collarbones or as an upper arm piece.
Very true statement though.

Take Care
Matthew

I dont want a collarbone one, i dont really like the way they look. As for an upper arm piece im kind of concerned about what it will look like in the future when im older.

tattoo void
Participant
@tattoo-void

most jobs would let you have wrist band tattoos, but not on your hands, neck, face my friend got a tattoo on both his wrists that said “always believe” one word for each wrist. And as butterly said thats another way to hide your tattoo watch, bracelet sweat band.

Bodhisurfer
Participant
@bodhisurfer
Dave_09;61421 wrote:
I am kind of thinking getting “Life is Short” on my wrist, like 1 word per line. i wanted to get it after i graduated and got booked for dui of controlled substance + possession of controlled substance but decided to wait until after my shit was settled and now it is and i still want it. The only thing is i dont want it to affect getting a job in the future 😐

Well, as you say “Life is Short” – so get it done asap:D

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Life is short? It’s the longest thing you’re ever going to do mate 😉

inkmenow
Participant
@inkmenow

You should get ‘life is a beach’ and make sure they don’t mis-spell it! =)

Dave_09
Participant
@dave_09

So ive decided too make sure i can cover it wearing a shirt. So my inner or outter arm is my own choice, cuz i dont like chest and i want it where i can see it. Ive also decided i want “Life’s Too Short” or maybe an ambigram ( http://www.wowtattoos.com/ ) that follows the same idea of Life…I also found a parlor i want to get done at, my cousins friend is a tattoo artist there and did a few of his and they look really good.

Chief D
Participant
@chief-d

I would suggest no lower than mid forearm so shirt sleeves will cover if needed. A watch band may not really hide or cover a tattoo. Then you look like you are trying to hide something. Employers still look down on visible tattoos, allowed or not. Once its done, its too late to decide you were wrong about where you got it. I work in a corporate environment, and trust me – hidden is safer at work. You will always be inked, just make sure about location so it never becomes a consideration when it comes to employment!

Dave_09
Participant
@dave_09
Chief D;61724 wrote:
I would suggest no lower than mid forearm so shirt sleeves will cover if needed. A watch band may not really hide or cover a tattoo. Then you look like you are trying to hide something. Employers still look down on visible tattoos, allowed or not. Once its done, its too late to decide you were wrong about where you got it. I work in a corporate environment, and trust me – hidden is safer at work. You will always be inked, just make sure about location so it never becomes a consideration when it comes to employment!

I cant find anything i truly like on wowtattoos. I’m asking my tattoo artist if she can draw me something up. I want “Lifes Too Short” but in teh shape of a Chai, hebrew word for Life. Might be hard but i think if Lifes and short are vertical and too is horizontal it would work out.

NeckTattoosRock
Participant
@necktattoosrock

I think you can definitely have it on your wrist and cover it up with long sleeve and watches. Then when ur Corporate Job is draining the life out of you you can crawl into a bathroom stall, slip off your watch and be reminded that Life is Short but Corporate work days are very long.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.