Tajen
Participant
@tajen

So, I think I’ve decided on my next tattoo idea. I have a large tattoo on my left calf that I LOVE. I already have 2 on my back. Was wondering a few things:
1. How many sessions do y’all think this would take? I can sit for about 4 hours straight.
2. What about this color? Was thinking of changing the colors because I’m not sure how that yellow will look against my skin tone.
3. Do you think this would fit on my upper arm? It’s not a great big arm.;) Would probably fit better on my OTHER calf, but I already have a flower on my ankle and didn’t want to take away from the detail of this particular piece.
Thanks for your input!:D
morning-horse_sm.jpg

Thinking of these colors instead:

phoenix-horse_sm.jpg

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

the image itself wont transform into a great tattoo unless you have it done quite large because of all the detail… your skin colour is a factor to take into consideration but so is the final decision on the tattoo colours, i think the colours in the bottom image are too dark and it wouldnt make the piece pop at all.

i would suggest doing it in shades of yellow and pale brown with a hint of orange so that it looks golden

but thats just my 2 pennies worth

Tajen
Participant
@tajen

Cool, thanks so much for your input. I really appreciate it:)

voodookat
Participant
@voodookat

I am a very visual person, would you post pictures of your leg?,…..wait I’m sure there is one around here? LOL. I love the concept. I love deep colors, reds, blues and purples. Black is always a fav of mine. My artist uses a ‘true grey’? How long, I don’t know. I am still new at getting ‘real’ pro ink.

Tajen
Participant
@tajen

Lol, here is my leg! The one with the hummingbird.
CIMG0017.jpg

My other leg is “free”, but I do have a flower on my ankle.
11-1-0720.jpg

My husband likes this horse better:
shadow-horse1.jpg

I really like it, but I also really love the yellow one. Went by a tattoo studio today, and they guy was saying it would have to be HUGE to get all the detail, but they’re interested in figuring it out.

voodookat
Participant
@voodookat

The hummingbird is amazing. My self-reflect tat is on my thigh, would you put something there? No matter what that is gonna be a sick tat.

Tajen
Participant
@tajen

Thank you! I really love my hummingbird; it wasn’t EXACTLY what I’d had in mind, but it turned out so cool in the end. My thigh is definitely big enough, lol, but I DO want to show it off. I try to keep those covered.;)

There’s room on my back, in between the 2 I have there, but again, I did want to show it off. I don’t know, maybe we can make it fit on my shoulderblade/arm. That’s a whole blank canvas! This time tomorrow, I’ll have a new horse somewhere on my body and I cannot WAIT!!! Gonna take in several pictures of those horses, and let the artist pick which one will translate the best into a tattoo, I think. It’s been over a year; I’m due!:D

voodookat
Participant
@voodookat

I got my last two in like 3 months LOL

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.