iMark
Participant
@imark
Indy;61231 wrote:
I completely see what your saying iMark.

I respect your opinion and views on the subject.

Frankly, it doesn’t bother me that it’s ‘unoriginal’ or anything. My chances of actually running into someone else with this exact tattoo is, I’d say, pretty slim. Considering I don’t know many folks with tattoos and I don’t real “get out” or “hang out” anywhere, being a family man and all, hehe.

Besides, as I mentioned earlier, plenty of room for more art later and possibly incorporate this within something else, ya know?

Thanx for the feedback so far.

No worries Indy – I’m still a tattoo newbie, and my opinions are mine and mine alone! All I wanted to express is that your tattoo should be derivative of your own experiences, rather than those of someone else. If you’ve found something you’re happy with – go for it!

On the other hand, if you have any doubts, take some time to consider what’s important to you, and try to come up with a tattoo that reflects your own way of thinking, rather than that of a stranger.

Regards,

Mark

Indy
Participant
@indy
iMark;61233 wrote:
No worries Indy – I’m still a tattoo newbie, and my opinions are mine and mine alone! All I wanted to express is that your tattoo should be derivative of your own experiences, rather than those of someone else. If you’ve found something you’re happy with – go for it!

On the other hand, if you have any doubts, take some time to consider what’s important to you, and try to come up with a tattoo that reflects your own way of thinking, rather than that of a stranger.

Regards,

Mark

Thanx for the great advice which I agree with.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

I love pirates too 😀

it wouldnt bother me getting that tattoo and overs having it :rolleyes:
its the same as any other fan tattoo and at least its not flash

Indy
Participant
@indy
Butterfly;61243 wrote:
I love pirates too 😀

it wouldnt bother me getting that tattoo and overs having it :rolleyes:
its the same as any other fan tattoo and at least its not flash

Thanx for the encouragement!

So does this mean if I tell you I like the Sailor Jerry ‘Flash’ pieces your going to hang me? Hehe.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

nah i love old school sailor jerry . but im not a fan of random tribal flash

shupes
Participant
@shupes

I like the Sparrow as well , There are so many designs out there to choose from im sure , but as far as i can see you have your mind made up on this specific one.I personally think the design that you mentioned is nice. I feel that if you are soley happy with your decision making then its the right choice. Thanks for sharing

Indy
Participant
@indy
Butterfly;61255 wrote:
nah i love old school sailor jerry . but im not a fan of random tribal flash

Yea I feel the same about the tribal stuff as well. I sort of dig the Polynesian type tribal stuff but to me it only looks right as a sleeve or a half sleeve.

Indy
Participant
@indy
shupes;61256 wrote:
I like the Sparrow as well , There are so many designs out there to choose from im sure , but as far as i can see you have your mind made up on this specific one.I personally think the design that you mentioned is nice. I feel that if you are soley happy with your decision making then its the right choice. Thanks for sharing

And thank you for reading and replying.

Any tattoo artist out there that can comment on the concerns I mentioned before. Does this seem like a tattoo that most any tattoo artist can tackle or should I be looking for specifics when looking through a portfolio? I know that’s kind of a dumb question because I REALLY won’t know until I make a visit but if anyone gets the chance, and has an eye for this stuff, check out the links below for these two artist that are right downtown here.

Thanx everyone for the support!

http://cloud9south.com/bryan.php

http://cloud9south.com/john.php

I think I’ll make some time this weekend to make a trip and meet these folks.

I also think I’m just terribly bored and want to talk tattoos with the fine people on the forums. Hehe.

Blue1
Participant
@blue1

It doesn’t matter what you get. If you have a design that you want and that each part holds meaning for YOU (which obviously it does) then go for it. It’s yours….

As for the links. I like Johns work. Seems to have straighter lines and better technique.

Indy
Participant
@indy
Blue1;61262 wrote:
It doesn’t matter what you get. If you have a design that you want and that each part holds meaning for YOU (which obviously it does) then go for it. It’s yours….

As for the links. I like Johns work. Seems to have straighter lines and better technique.

I agree, with everything you posted.

I thought Johns work looked a little better as well, as far as line work and nice looking circles.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

although i love to see proper Polynesian its becoming the new ” tribal ” tattoo

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.