Hub13
Participant
@hub13

Hey everyone.. new here and looking for some help on my first tattoo.

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/europe/european-union/austria/images/austria-coat-arms.jpg

Thats what I want but I have two questions about it..

1) How big will it have to be for it to look its best, im going for the upper back so I dont want it huge but im not looking for something tiny either.

2) Any ideas on cost to get it done?

any help is greatly appreciated guys

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Ideally you would be looking at least 6 inches long by 4 inches wide so not to crowd the area. You could have it smaller but the details may become cramped.

Bigger is always better but if you imagine the size of your hand as a rough sizing. I would personally make it a fairly large piece to do it some justice.

Cost wise you are looking at around 3 hours work so I would say approx £200 or roughly $300 (prob see change from this) obviously these are guestimate from respectable artists rates and could be less depending on the sizing and the amount of detail you want.

Take Care
Matthew

Hub13
Participant
@hub13

Appreciate the response Matt. I was estimating that it would be about that size. Upper back im guessing would be the most logical place for this piece.

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

i agree with matthew on the size, but cost wise i think about £120 to £150…. but i would say that you might have to sacrifice the brickwork in the crown.
you might get the brickwork done but i wouldnt recommend it, the problem beingis that it is fine detail and in a couple of years the black lines will begin to spread as do all tattoo outlines, this mean that the black will spread into the yellow in the crown, i would suggest dont get the outlines of the brickwork done so that the tattoo will look great for many years 😉

just my 2 pennies worth

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.