jamdemos
Participant
@jamdemos

Ok, I want to get a memorial tattoo for my dog who passed away about a year ago, I’ve been thinking about it for a long time now and I have a few ideas, I would just like to get your guys input on my idea.

First idea is something like this, dog tags without the wings and I would put my dogs name and born-death date in the tag. Also do you think I could use a different tag like a normal dog tag, like maybe the bone one or would that look bad. http://www.tattoojohnny.com/product/AXF-00938/826a5a6b4d5986b37b5c41535e5abe0e/searchpage/1/image/1/prods/AXF-00938,GUF-00120,GUF-00142,AXF-00925,AXF-00946,AXF-00989,AXF-00991,HGF-00575,CHF-00030,JTF-00016,SOF-00340,SOF-00343,

Thanks

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

First, welcome. Second, I was prepared to rip your idea apart, but I can’t. I really like the dog tags with the angel wings. Go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jamdemos
Participant
@jamdemos

Thank you for the welcome, and also I’m not planning on having the wings just the tags and chain, i dont really like the wings not sure why.

Chief D
Participant
@chief-d

I did a dog collar for a buddy. The name went on the outside of the collar, the passing date was on the inside. The tags hanging from the collar read, “Trusted Friend”
Just a thought. It came out sweet, but your idea is cool too.

jamdemos
Participant
@jamdemos
Chief D;60355 wrote:
I did a dog collar for a buddy. The name went on the outside of the collar, the passing date was on the inside. The tags hanging from the collar read, “Trusted Friend”
Just a thought. It came out sweet, but your idea is cool too.

Chief that idea sounds really cool, do you by any chance have a picture of it or something, could you draw up a the basic look of what it looked like, or if anyone has an idea of how I could incorporated the “Trusted Friend” into my original idea, I would really appreciate anything.

Thanks,

-James

vizzielover
Participant
@vizzielover

I like the idea of the dog tags. I have a memorial tat for beloved dog too, check out my album to see it, be warned – it has wings! Oh, and welcome to the forum!

jamdemos
Participant
@jamdemos
vizzielover;60365 wrote:
I like the idea of the dog tags. I have a memorial tat for beloved dog too, check out my album to see it, be warned – it has wings! Oh, and welcome to the forum!

I like yours, I already have wings for a different piece of art I have so i need to equal out the ratio before I get more hahah JK. Thanks for the welcome even though I’m not really new, been here for almost a year, I just don’t post much but I do poke around here multiple times a week.

Chief D
Participant
@chief-d

?action=view&current=013.jpg
Like this?

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied

I also like the dog tags and I don’t think it needs to be address farther as your original idea would look pretty awesome.

Maybe have the dog tags hanging/drooping off of a very well drawn out and detailed dog bone with wings.

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

place your dogs name and passing date in here and see if anyone can come up with something….

i’ll have a go when get some time… and if others join in then you might be able to either get a design straight off or even mix the ideas from a couple of them to make something you like .. just a thought ๐Ÿ˜‰

jamdemos
Participant
@jamdemos

I went down to my artist’s shop and we sat down for a bit and he drew something up that I liked so I went with it, I’ll post pics up a later

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

thats great news…. im glad you got it sorted, cant wait to see the photo’s ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.