MrSultan531
Participant
@mrsultan531

About 10 minutes after we started to design my next tattoo me and a friend ran into a problem. What i wanted to do was have a dragon crawling down my back with its tail wrapped over my shoulder onto my arm. because i do already have the phoenix, i wanted to have its head/ front portion curve over, under the phoenix tail and have it looking up at the phoenix.

The problem we ran into is that the dragon is really long, almost 3 feet. So long that it looks out of proportion. i dont know if making the dragon fatter/ bigger in general will help fix the length issue by butting it back into proportion, or if i have to change the positioning all together. Our plan b is to have it go under my arm and than up and over, but this may still make it too long.

Any suggestions for properly proportioning dragons or how i can get it to not look like a long snake with legs?

Tecratt
Participant
@tecratt

I would make the body a good bit thicker than the tail section and add some wings.

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

adding wings depends on if its an oriental drafgon or a european dragon…. oriental ones dont have wings 😉

you could fatten the boddy up but make it go thinner towards the tail, that would give effect of being bigger and longer even though you use a small area, but remember if its an oriental dragon then the head has to be of good size or it will look silly, they make the heads larger to make them more fierce looking and in better proportion

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

they are some oriental dragons that have wings ( Ying-Lung ) but they are nothing like western style dragon wings .

It actually would not bother me to have the dragon a lot larger than the phoenix . A dragon would be a lot bigger than one anyways .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.