Riss
Participant
@riss

Hi guys. I am about to get a tattoo so was just wondering whether getting one poses a problem in VISA processing in countries like USA or in Europe. I’m actually in Germany so Europe’s not a problem but what do you guys think of the USA? Thanks in advance!

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Umh… why would having a tattoo make a difference in a visa application?

Riss
Participant
@riss

I dont know dude, that’s why I’m asking!!
Well you know the US embassy is pretty sensitive. You never know what weird issues they can bring up!

Mmildf
Participant
@mmildf

Visa application has nothing to do with tattoos what so ever. That’s crazy talk.

Cheers
Marcus

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

The great god of Google told me that unless it’s a gang tattoo, they don’t give two damns, so you should be fine.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Actually it can extend from anything that can be considered unpatriotic eg a tat of a burning USA flag etc, the use of facist/nazi symbols, or communist hammer and sickle, or prominent (known to USA) gang tattoos, or terrorist affiliation that is publicly visible (eg forearms, hands, neck face, head) that cause entry problems.

This is because these tattoos would put you on the high risk/suspicious or undesirable register for immediate entry. It really depends if you get a hard-arse immigration officer.

However this is something so obscure that the majority of people would not have issue with it.

As for working many govt based organisations insist that you do not have any of the above anywhere on your body – particulary in law enforcement.

Take Care
Matthew

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.